Successful Trading v Professional Trading Debate

I go first, my view of successful trading will be link from the name “success” itself,
if i can trade for the love of it and could lock some substantial profits consistently at the long run, then i can term myself a successful trader, however, demonstrating my skill or knowledge requires discipline and perseverance. It may be broken down
into steps in a trading plan, and there is heavy conscious involvement in executing trades with the right
signals and position sizing.

While

professional trading means i have reached the unconscious competence has i have had so much practice executing trades within my system that it has become “second nature” and can be done consistently - as a result, the trading skills can be performed mechanically and automatically and i may be able to teach it to others as am now an expert.

PS: No critics, everyone is involved, each opinions matters, no opinion is less or more. Let’s make this a wonderful debate.

1 Like

There can’t be a debate about professional, it has a meaning. If you trade for your main source of income or are paid to do it, you are a professional trader.

Successful surely means profitable over a long period of time.

1 Like

And here’s ofc a debate; you’ve brought a whole new context to mine. I agree less because this validate the statement "people who trades part-time ain’t professional traders"

U don look like a person who doesn speak english for the first language

I’m a Nigerian. I learnt it at some point in school and I did very well in class.

1 Like

Yoruba is my first language and my identity. My teacher would say languages are wide course reason why a professor will always have a dictionary; and then go on to say all we need is know the basics and build around them. And I did.
I still makes some mistakes tho and oftentimes mistook some common grammars like been & being, I’m & Am and I hate big words but at least I know the difference between hawkish and dovish lol

1 Like

mhhm. thats a cool point of view and i like that whish you the best :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like