I posted the following thread on 22nd February, 2018 in Trading Discussion Forum
I projected a Long Entry in the said Forecast on Daily TF Chart as below:
One can get almost 150+ pips, if he/she enters into Long Trade above 200 EMA (1.2721) and take profit below the major resistance level of 1.28869.
I was waiting for a signal of Bullish Candle above the 200 EMA. On 27th February, 2018, the price broke above the 200 EMA after the announcement of three major events.
Since, we were expecting major announcements related to US Dollar on 27th & 28th Feb, 18, therefore, I was reluctant to take Long position in USDCAD. However, I bought the said pair at $1.28212 on 28th Feb after the expected announcements.and sold the said pair on today at $ 1.28735 and earned a profit of $ 90/=.
I wanted to hold the said long position. But today is also few major announcement expecting, so I didn’t take any chance and squared off my position with less TP. Therefore, I couldn’t get the 150+ pips because I entered late in the trade and closed it well before my TP.
Here is my statement for your review:
I appreciate you views and suggestion on my aforesaid deal/trade.