Sugar Tax (uk) and Insurance

Seems like today I am ranting about the world ! :laughing:

Went into Lidl to get my “Sugar free Lemonade” and found I now have to pay 106% MORE for “diet lemonade” - containing sugar than I used to for my “Sugar free lemonade” !

Because naturally, they have withdrawn the “Sugar free option” ! (AND Yes - “Sugar tax” was the reason they gave me ! )
Iceland meanwhile have raised the price of their “Diet pepsi” (Zero sugar) by exactly the same price as the “Full fat” version !

Thanks to the “Campaigners” for succeeding in raising both the cost of my drinks AND my sugar intake !

Meanwhile “the missus” has been “invited” to “Review” her house insurance by the bank. Fortunately she was busy and couldn’t be dragged into the “Back room” “Now” so we had a look on line and got her quotes at phenomenally cheaper rates than she has been paying for 15 years - like 60% cheaper !

Do get online quotes for your insurance needs peeps - the “singing fellow” has saved me thousands over the years against what I would be paying on the “Review and thanks for your loyalty” brigade ! :open_mouth:

1 Like