Sunday Breakout Strategy

Absolutely pirateboy. As Phil says this should all even itself out in the long run. My ATR runs consistently higher than most others posted on the thread which means longer to my TP so no doubt I will miss on those that others get. I am trialling a variation of this and when I have 5 months or so data I will post if it looks promising. My reason for putting the results up is to simply emphasise that the approach is working despite extremely challenging trading conditons

everyone wants a quick buck. nothing draws more people who want a quick buck than currency trading. :smiley:

Oh boy Phil, youā€™re gonna pocket a tidy sum!

if this EA works and Strategy Tester runs, it will be bittersweet. Bitter because I spent hours on end verifying Philā€™s results (GGGrrr!!). Sweet because I can Strategy Test on different platforms. :rolleyes:

Thanks S05ā€¦

Its more simple than it looks! (all this flag thing)

its true you could go throw all your orders and check wich ones are over some profit and if so close them or vice versa. those are logic orders!
Metatrader flags are what we all call TP/SL limits into an opened order.
the diference is metatrader is always up to data and is not susceptible by lag but rather susceptible by Slippage! logic orders are afected by lag and is only bad to use them IF your counting in market situations that you need precise exits.

I will publish my code on the agreement that no one will change it without telling me and no one will sell it on ebayā€¦

I may has well send you the code since i believe i can trust you will not do the things aboveā€¦ Its up to you.

Of course you can do that! it takes abit more work, we will ahev to use a dll for data connection but it is possible. we can get same values from IBFx for orders to any broker at all.

hehehe :slight_smile: Nice you took a perfect example of what a logic flag is. it happened this week that some people were stoped even thow their charts dont say the price clossed the supposed SL. its because in the server in some brokers the price crossed it but the metatrader didnt actualy update the chart, so those that used sl probably were screwed big timeā€¦ but those that used an ea with logics didntā€¦ because on chart the price didnt really cross the intended sl number. so no condition - no close. hope this clears doubts

Hello phil838!

How do you calculate TP?
If ATR(14)=5018, then TP=250, because ATR/2=2509 and you round TP to 250. Is this correct?

Thanks!

the thing is pendings need certain space to e opened before time, and the others would ā€œneverā€ be opened at the right price. its a matter of the precision. anyway this year backtest shows nice profit, im gonna finish the module so that every one can use in any broker and post the ea.

You got it!

I think itā€™s the 5th decimal in that screnshot that throws people off. :slight_smile:

OK heres a backtest from 2005 to 2009. (pick these because my computer takes time to process stuff xD, and not because one year before it would fail)

keep in mind that these spikes are due to lots based on balance. By my personal expirience i can really say this is good strategy, and i tested/coded countless bots.

Excellent work, Gif! Iā€™m going to put this side-by-side to my manual backtesting results and see how they compare.

Not that I doubt your programming skills! Itā€™s MT4ā€™s backtesting skills that I doubtā€¦ :slight_smile:

I have no idea. I didnt do a back test. The recent wins in GBP USD have been mirrored in GBP JPY. I dont think it would be all that different to GBP USD. I figure that you could take any decent strategy and, as long as you stick to your rules and money management and occasionally reassess, it should work out fine in the long run.

It sounds like you are on IGmarkets?
What I have done to compensate is take 45% of my ATR instead of 50%.

I have another question.
When I put Weekly ATR indicator in the chart and I have options x_adjust, y_adjust, email and sound, what are x_adjust and y_adjust numbers?

Hi phil838,

When u have figured out how to use it, could you detail the steps? I have no idea how to use the EA or strategy tester thingyā€¦embrassed

if u finally get these code to work, could u publish detailed steps? I have never used an EA or strategy tester beforeā€¦

Please show me how to write dllā€¦

Please send me the code if possible, i want to learn how to write good code to send orders, and error precautionsā€¦

Thereā€™s something wrong with the EAā€¦ Check out Dec 17, 2007. It opened a sell position on Friday, held it over the weekend, then closed it for profit on Monday. :smiley:

Also, if the first trade of the week is a winner it needs to cancel the pending second trade.

That being said, Iā€™ve compared the results from my backtesting and the EAā€™s test for all of 2007 (I just picked a year at random) and Dec 17 is the only time it showed a winner and I showed a loss. There were, however, a lot of times I recorded a win and it had a lossā€¦

Even though itā€™s not perfected yet itā€™s still looking to be a good EA when itā€™s done!

Hi gif,

Could you help to check my code if I got anything wrong or weird going on? Itā€™s my first time trying to try code that sends orders, so not sure if iā€™m doing the right way. It compiles ok though.