Sunday Breakout Strategy

I just started taking a look at this thread, Just wondering what are the statistics on the sunday breakout? win to loss ratio? Those who are using it, what kind of results have you gotten?

will answer this based on my comps: wins 20% BE 35% Losses 45%. wins about 3-6R, losses 1R. max drawdown 7R (Philā€™s post below).

:slight_smile:

think about 24 hrs ago, IBFXā€™s 4 decimal server closed down, and replaced with a 5 decimal one. I tried to re-register for 4 decimal, but couldnā€™t. :frowning:

this is the modified sunday breakout; it appears to escaped the Japan-session 1st hour whipped-saw? keeping fingers crossed

you can see from here that GBPJPY and GBPUSD has the highest RR

I am thinking if Yen is following closely with USD, is it possible to ā€œtradeā€ all pairs ending with JPY, and USD?

Thereā€™s an excel file attached to the first post that has 8 months of my live results plus about 5 years of manual backtesting.

Like Pirateboy said, the win rate is only 20-30%, but the winners are around 4 times as big as the losers. The way market conditions are right now the losers are around 30-60 pips and the winners are around 225-250.

As for rate of return Iā€™ve made a little over 30% this year with this system alone. It would have been over 40% but I missed a few trades.

Yep, thatā€™s what messed me up. I got in 1 pip above the candle instead of 10 because of the 5th decimal.

Long stopped out for me.

Long stopped out and also short triggered.

Same here.

My EUR/JPY experiment hit the breakeven point, though. Maybe Iā€™ll get a winner with it. :slight_smile:

hmmmm, need the london sessionā€™s virtual force to pull them down further~ :stuck_out_tongue:

Just in case someone find it useful?

Trading hours and all those frequently used timezones

wow!!! The London session force is quite strong!! But I thought they are on holidays today?

Who will ā€œreplaceā€ London exchange for their ā€œLondon Sessionā€?

Well it turns out that it was my fault really haha. I wasnā€™t reading the graph carefully enoughā€¦ My broker doesnā€™t show the Sunday candle! A bit of a senseless error, but Iā€™ll know for next week now =]

hmmmā€¦ was coming from the angle of drawdown correlation. if both crosses donā€™t experience their max drawdown at the same time, then potentially we can increase our risk money to more than 2%ā€¦ :confused:

Im trading G/Y and G/U both on 2% risk for each trade. That means when I get 4 losses in one week I lose 8% (ie. p x 0.92). When I get a losing streak of 5 double losses then thats p x 0.92^5 = p x 0.66. Am I crazy?

Yes. Those two pairs in my experience are quite closely correlated so your losing streaks are liable to coincide. As Pirateboy said you may be able to increase your exposure on non-correlated pairs, but I wouldnā€™t for those two.

Hi phil838,

This is the code to remove your digits-worry; basically, all symbols are in 2 or 4 digits. So itā€™s more than 4 digits, set it to 4, else set it to 2. And use the digits (lowercase) variable throughout your program.

int decimal_places ()
{
if ( Digits >= 4 ) return ( 4 );
else return ( 2 );
}

I agree, I wouldnā€™t feel comfortable doing that. If it was me Iā€™d cut the risk down to 1% per trade.

Thanks. Iā€™ve got two losses and one BE so far, but still have the possibility of a EUR/JPY long trade. Iā€™ll work on the code after that last trade hitsā€¦