Sunday Breakout Strategy

some morsels of stats:

G/U Sunday Breakout average winners:

2005: an average winner - 4.58R
2006: 4.97R
2007: 4.07R
2008: 4.87R

:stuck_out_tongue:

In metatrader 4 debuging must be the user building it, debuging is no more then following everysingle line of code and verifying each vollow throw the lines, since metatrader 4 doesnt have a debug mode, you will have to build some fuctions to keep a log file, were it opens and inserts a new line at the bottom of the same file (log) so that later you can go see, you most of the time end up finding alot of stuff.

And dont worry this kind of stuff happens to all programmers theres no program thats bug free, thats why nowadays they have very very advanced debuggers, speaking of wich metatrader 5 (coming hoppefully at end september) will have one of those.

And feel free to pm me whenever you want.

I mashed my GU and EJ 2009 results together and the max combined drawdown was 12R. GBP/USD alone was 7R.

Again, more testing is needed before changing the way I trade live money, but Iā€™d feel safe risking maybe 2.5% per trade in those conditions.

I know a .5% increase doesnā€™t sound like much but that equals a 25% increase in profits with very little extra risk.

12R sounds like a lot of drawdown, but in relation to the massive wins itā€™s not that much. There was a 30R winning period right before the drawdown, and a 20R winning period right after it. :slight_smile:

Ok here is my EA, and a test result. This version has the 2% / trade only etc etcā€¦ if anyone finds anything wierd tell meā€¦

This version is only [B]ready to work on 4H of any pair in IBFX hour type brokers ONLY![/B] Anything else it wont trade. Also later i will edit this post with detailed explaining of what the input doā€¦ until then poke arround or simply use the default wich are the best ones (in my opinion).

Side note: you guys were right 2% / trade works alot better, and makes it even more promising, atm profiting with it it, is becoming more a matter of time than luckā€¦

EDIT: 2/9/2009
Also there seams that i forgot to add something on ea postā€¦ The current rule for opening orders on EA is 2 pending at same time or no trades that weekend. I will edit the v2 one so it places order on run time.

2 pendings = more precision.
1 order/time on normal time run = less precision, but will be suited to more agressive times (and bends abit broker order placing rules!)

A Reminderā€¦
"Past Performance

Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Please remember that technical analysis is only a tool for trading and even targeted analysis is no guarantee of profits. Forex trading carries a substantial risk of loss and only discretionary capital should be used in trading.

High Risk Warning

Forex is a High Risk Investment

Trading in the foreign exchange markets on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all individuals. The high degree of leverage offered in the Forex markets can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to trade in the foreign exchange markets you should carefully consider your investment objectives, you level of experience, and your risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your equity and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Only true excess disposable cash should be used in trading. You should make yourself aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any questions or concerns as to how a loss would affect your lifestyle. "

30% return is good. Has someone else been able to achieve the same results?

Nope. Iā€™ve been trading this since late last year but I only started this thread in May. There just hasnā€™t been enough time for anyone else on here to make that much yet. :slight_smile:

That seems kind of low. Isnā€™t that a 1:22 win loss ratio?

Is there a large amount of break evens that are missing?

got one lost in the gpyusd, not sure why it suddenly shoot up and looks like retracingā€¦

i.e. the wins are about 4.5%, the losers are 1% (I am revising my post to R)

still canā€™t PM you,

did u uncheck this option too? same page

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

good idea!!!

the eu/jap results r encouraging but this pair has been so volatile in last 12 monthsā€¦ which v have never seen in 10 yearsā€¦ so results might b diff in 2006 or 2007ā€¦ but so far very encouraging.
good luck.

there was a really rough period in 07 :mad:, but saved by a period in christmas and post christmas weeks.

hmmā€¦when EJ doesnā€™t go anywhere, it just idles about wasting the stop losses. But when EJ decides to go somewhere, wowweeeeee! :eek:

yeh I agreeā€¦ dats why I like this pairā€¦ but still not successfulā€¦ I had success mostly with gbp/us on daily breakoutsā€¦ when it crosses its highest or lowestā€¦ a simple system. gave more then 6000 pips in 2008!! and 2000 plus pips in 2009 so farā€¦ but again it was almost net zero in 2007 and lil negetive in 2002. when I do d back testingā€¦

Ouchā€¦3 losses this week -1.5%, last EJ long yet to be triggered.

:mad:

Seams i dont have enouth posts to be able to have private message options.

When doing log functions remember to keep them simple and versatile! You dont wanna crate a log fucntion every time you need a new thing logged.

Best would be something like ā€œvoid Log(string LogLine)ā€ were log line can be
"aaaaaa"+doubletostr(value)+ā€œbbbbā€ ā€¦

That would work in perfection :slight_smile: (came up with that just now and im gonna implement it to my function list xD)

Hey!!

Thanks a lot for this Ea my friendā€¦ this will help a lot people like meā€¦ who cant be in front of the computer at the exact time to set the tradesā€¦ Can You please explain the ea in details? like all the inputs and how to set it???

I can see that phil is also tradind eurjpyā€¦in a little different wayā€¦ can you make a ea for eurjpy too??

ThanKSSSā€¦ you saved my life lol!!

are you refering to the 7am to 9am US time zone daily GBPUSD breakouts?

yupe, write everything into functions so that code can be reused,

btw, whatā€™s the syntax for writing into files?

One questionā€¦shouldnā€™t we use 1min data to run? So that itā€™s more accurate?

what settings do u set?..i ran it and it took only 3 trades;
i specify 2009 jan til now, but in the visual window it shows from 2008 may 14 til feb the 9thā€¦