Sunday Breakout Strategy

Greetings !! generally Phil will post the entries… Sometimes I also post it… so please check the thread beteween 5.00 and 5.05 PM (PST zone, USA)… you will see the entry details.

[/FON]
can someone post their #'s(entry, exit, SL] for this weekend or is there non b/c of the holiday

Thanks Wheaty, and don’t worry. Someone always posts the numbers a few minutes after midnight.

We’re still on for the trade (at least I am anyway) even though it’s a holiday. In my backtesting minor holidays like this don’t have any effect on the win rate.

Hi Phil,

According to your 1st post, when either side of pending order is triggered, cancel the opposite order. Have you ever think of leaving both trade open till Friday?

Could you post the entries on EJ?

The 1st post doesn’t say that. I don’t have any cancellation rules on the first post. :smiley:

You shouldn’t cancel the second order when the first is hit. There are reasons to cancel it but never immediately when the first order triggers.

I need to update the first post with cancellation rules. I’ll do that after I set up my orders tonight.

Sure thing. :slight_smile:

I think the condition to close the other side is when the current range is a certain % of the ATR(14)…

2 mins…~~

On my IBFX demo account, following are the entries.

Long:
Entry:1.6427
SL:1.6384
TP:1.6619

Short:
Entry:1.6374
SL:1.6417
TP:1.6182

ATR:384.

That’s fast. my numbers are the same as yours.

Thanks a lot:D

Thanks alot!

EUR/JPY entries…

Long: 133.54
Short 132.81

Stoploss is 73 pips, TP is 188

EJ?..philip?..haha

Sorry. I’m slow because I’m checking the math on the EA instead of trusting it. :slight_smile:

thanks! back to work! :stuck_out_tongue:

i saw your post that u opening an ibfx account and going to run EA live on it??? did i read wrongly?..

Nope, you’re right.

My IBFX demo and live accounts have different decimals, and I want to know for sure that this thing works right on the 4 decimal live account.

I changed the money management part of the code to only risk .01 lots instead of the normal amount. If it does screw up I’ll only lose a few dollars. :slight_smile:

I’m also still trading it live on Oanda with my full lot size. :slight_smile:

just add the function that i posted,

if it’s 4 or more decimals, set it as 4 for calculation
else set it as 2