Sunday Breakout Strategy

That doesn’t work for the particular problem I was having, or maybe I just didn’t do it right.

The problem was that when it added 10 pips on to the end of the candle it was actually adding 1 pip on a 5 digit chart, since 1 pip = 10 pipettes.

I fixed it by making it an external variable, so if you have a 5 digit broker you can just put in 100 instead of 10.

Phil, I am getting SL as 63 pips… following are my entries on the chart

High:133.44 ; Low: 132.91

Long Entires:
Entry: 133.54
SL:132.91
TP:135.42

Short Entires:
Entry:132.81
SL:133.44
TP:131.66

ATR:375.

Please confirm…

Your numbers are correct by the normal system rules, but I’m using a slightly modified set of rules for EUR/JPY.

I’m using the opposite entry for the stoploss, instead of the other side of the candle. My backtesting shows that this small change helps the long-term profits on EUR/JPY, because it’s a little more “choppy” then GBP/USD.

Thank you for the confirmation. however i didn’t understand what do you mean “opposite entry for the stoploss” ? Please explain when you have couple of minutes… need not to be today…

Oooops…sorry, i may have remembered wrongly:p. Can you pls advise what’s the cancellation rules then.
Thanks

I mean the stoploss is 10 pips past the end of the candle, instead of [I]being [/I]the end of the candle.

So your entry point for the short trade is the same as the stoploss for the long trade.

The entry and stoploss for this week would be…

Long:
Entry: 133.54
SL:132.81

Short:
Entry:132.81
SL:133.54

It’s a small change, but it helps a lot on EUR/JPY.

I’m going through the whole thread and updating the first post with all the new info we’ve learned in the last few months. It’ll be up shortly. :slight_smile:

You are the best!

Thank you !! Got it…

Ok, the first post has been updated with a small FAQ. Did I forget anything?

Did Babypips go down for about 30 minutes or was it just me? I had a lot more written to put on the first post but lost it when I hit “Submit Reply” :mad:

It was definitely Babypips. I had similiar issues.

Short position stopped out. Does the fact that the US has a bank holiday tomorrow have any effect on this strategy?

Same here, short stopped, in long.

Nope. In my backtesting minor holidays like this don’t have any effect on the win rate.

I need to add that to the new FAQ… It’s been asked twice today already. :slight_smile:

Here’s a thought, if the outcome of any trade each week is win, loss, breakeven, or not taken at all, and there are two possible trades, then there are about 9 possible unique combinations (since two wins are not possible, this is treated as simply a win; a win and a not-taken is also the same as a win).

If you trade two currency pairs then you can have about 33 possible unique combinations (again it gets complicated coz 4 wins is the same as win/win; 2 wins and 2 not taken is also the same as win/win; 3 wins and a trade not taken is also the same as win/win).

This means that even if you are only trading two correlated pairs, if they are not exactly the same (no two pairs would be) then there are many other ways the trades can end up.

that easy~

double BoxHigh = iHigh ( xxx xxxx );
double OSPBuy = BoxHigh + pips_to_decimal(10);

double pips_to_decimal ( double pips )
{
if ( ( Digits == 5 ) || ( Digits == 3 ) ) return ( pips * 10.0 / MathPow (10, Digits) ); // 5 or 3 digits
else if ( ( Digits == 4 ) || ( Digits == 2 ) ) return ( pips / MathPow (10, Digits) ); // 4 or 2 digits
else return ( NULL );
}

I was thinking into something like that… keep a rule all tp / sl are set in 4 digits mode and if needed later you just convert them.

both short and long stopped out…hmmmm…the market is ranging???
Btw Phil, how to define market ranging? Is there a specific way to see or understand??

Same here… ON GBPUSD both are stopped out.

EURJPY - Long is in (-15) and Short is pending.

Lots of people have moving averages and indicators to tell when the market is ranging, but I take a simpler approach.

Zoom your charts out as far as they will go. If the price is just sitting around and not really going anywhere then the market is ranging. :slight_smile: