Sunday Breakout Strategy

Hi phil838,

I tried to run the latest EA (v2) and got this results…what do you think?

Sunday Breakout - GBPUSD.zip (145 KB)

What is it basing the pre-Oct 2004 trades on? My IBFX charts don’t have any Sunday data before Oct '04.

Also, it’s taking multiple trades per week, and taking trades before the Sunday candle closes!

Here’s an example…

146 2009.08.16 22:00 sell 62 0.07 1.65041 1.6691 1.6423 <-- Taken on Sun. before midnight
147 2009.08.17 00:59 sell 63 0.03 1.6455 1.6518 1.6221 <-- Two sells in the same week.
148 2009.08.17 05:29 t/p 62 0.07 1.6423 1.6691 1.6423 56.63 1086.28
149 2009.08.17 08:07 modify 63 0.03 1.6455 1.6455 1.6221
150 2009.08.18 08:31 s/l 63 0.03 1.6455 1.6455 1.6221 -0.06 1086.21

i am using IBFX…

• remove all history folder
  • went to historic centre, and download GBPUSD
  • in the history folder, I saw GBPUSD data from 1min to weekly
  • loginto ibfx demo; [B]noticed the kilobytes at the bottom[/B]- run strategy tester, and finished
  • [B]noticed that the kilobytes did not increase[/B] - a sign that it used the data in the historic centre…

OMG!! EA problem again…

Open up a 4H chart and scroll back to before Oct 10, 2004 and see if you have any Sunday candles. :confused:

I’m just confused because I’ve never been able to get Sunday data before that day on IBFX.

if u open up a chart, it means that you are using your broker’s data; ibfx.com

Historic Data centre provides data from mt4 itself; Forex Trading Platform MetaTrader 4

If I were to download data from historic data centre, and file -> open offline charts, I can see even further than 2004.

btw, this is in the link that u have sent out to me when I asked about running strategy tester + historic data?

now i’m confused that you are confused…:confused:

Historical data and what you see on your chart are the same thing once you download it. When you download it in the history center it becomes available on your chart, whether you’ve opened it offline or not.

What’s confusing me is that data downloaded from an IBFX MT4 installation does not have Sunday data before Oct 2004. The feed starts at midnight on Monday before then. So I’m confused about how your EA is making trades before Oct '04. :smiley:

Hi

So G/U moved back to BE :frowning:

Do we take the long trade ? Or has it moved enough pips already this week ?

Im guessing we dont because for it to move up to trigger the long trade its would be a total range so far this week of about 155 pips.

hmmmmmm, icic…let me check again,

is this what you are referring to?..

Current weekly range has ran past the 40% of weekly ATR(14), so nope…

Yep. That’s completely different from what I get when I download data from the History Center in IBFX. I have no clue why, though…

I wish it would give me M1 data back to 1999. I can’t get anything past August on the M1 charts. :slight_smile:

+179 pips on th GU short :slight_smile:

-72 on EJ short :mad:
+82 on EJ long :slight_smile:
=;)

anyone else had any joy?

How did you manage 179 on GU ? what was your entry?

EDIT: just had a look at the chart. You broke the rule and didnt move to BE. :stuck_out_tongue:

same short entry as Phil (long was a few pips different but thats been cancelled now) - my ATR was 358 so TP for me was 179 even tho I use IBFX?

I’ll qualify my previous post by saying that I’m only demoing at the moment tho :frowning:

I’m breaking the rules and closing out the EUR/JPY early. It’s bounced off the upper trendline 3 times. I can hold out hope through 1 or 2 bounces, but 3 is just too much… :slight_smile:

Here’s a pic. Keep in mind I drew this trendline before the week even started! These perfect bounces tell me it’s a really strong trendline and that I should break the rules and get out with some profit.

thats probably it ! unfortunately I have a proper job to attend to during the day so I don’t have a chance to move the SL until the GMT evening.

as of yesterday evening there hadn’t been much movement on GU but there had on EJ hence me getting 80 odd pips on the long as I’d moved the SL on that

Now that my trades are over I’ve compared my demo and live accounts. They are the reason we’re getting slightly different numbers.

The current weekly ATR(14) on my live charts is 368, but on demo it’s 374. I’m not sure why the demo and live numbers are off by so much, but they are.

I’m not going to worry about it though. It’s not enough of a difference to matter in the long-run.

yupe, I also did the same, I saw the trendline, and lower my TP

I am going to upload the history of EURJPY, GBPUSD, and GBPJPY for you to download, the complete history up to 1999~

Let me know if there’s other pairs that you want