Sunday Breakout Strategy

Yea I thought 202 was a bit high. I got 186 as well.

Just so no one else gets caught, it was the ATR indicator I have posted on the first page. It showed ā€œ0ā€ for both the current and previous ATR, and the ATR(14) was stuck at what Iā€™m assuming was last weeks value.

Itā€™s worked for me flawlessly for years, but if youā€™re using that indicator be careful!

hello!!

This long is looking nicee!! , Im having a problem with the sunday strategy ea thoughā€¦ somehow it is opening in a different time i guesā€¦ I will attach a pictureā€¦ do you guys know whats is going on??

thanks!!!

Just out of curiosity, what your time zone?
Mine is GMT+8.
The weekly trade starts in Australia time, which is about GMT+11.
So iā€™ll have to wake up approx that time (GMT+11) to trade rite?
Like this morning the the Buy STop for GBPUSD was hit very early.
Did you manage to catch it?

Oh, i guess most of you pro are on EA, so no worries about catching it.

You are on a different time zone. need to be on GMT0

Iā€™m going to work on the GMT offset

hi phill

thanks for ur system, its very very fantastic for me:D
now im just finish read all on ur thread:)
i have one question for u
what do u think if use 5% risk pertrade, is that okey:p
and the maximum risk if i wanna go for the real
just wanna know

salam
:smiley:

Iā€™m in the GMT-5 time zone, so it hits at a very convenient time for me. :slight_smile:

We only develpoed the EA recently, and Iā€™ve been trading this system for almost a full year now manually. Itā€™s very rare that I donā€™t get my pending orders set up before the trade triggers, but it does happen on occasion.

If you miss it just get in as soon as you can. Youā€™ll usually only miss out on a few pips.

Or just use the EA, but you still need to monitor the trades. Itā€™s designed to be a tool, not to completely replace human judgement. Last week was a perfect example of this. If youā€™d let the EA fend for itself youā€™d have lost both GBP/USD trades last week, when you shouldnā€™t have traded at all. :slight_smile:

Personally I wouldnā€™t risk 5%, but thereā€™s no real reason you canā€™t. Thatā€™s pretty much the highest risk Iā€™d consider safe, but itā€™s still too risky for me. :slight_smile:

At 5% per trade the max drawdown this year would have been 35%. Are you sure you can handle that psychologically? If so then go for it!

I trade 2% per trade if Iā€™m trading one pair, and 1% per trade if Iā€™m doing both GBP/USD and EUR/JPY. Iā€™m probably going to start risking 1.25% per trade soon though. Spreading around the trades in order to safely increase risk/reward was the whole point of expanding the system to another pair. :slight_smile:

Hmmmā€¦ But Im using IBFX Liveā€¦ The time there is GMT!!.. didnt get it what happened!! Thanks!

http://forums.babypips.com/133505-post986.html

[B][U]Sunday Breakout EA (2 in 1).zip - contains all of the above plus:[/U][/B]

• added data error logging to file
  • tired of coding for GBPUSD and EURJPY style in 2 different EA, merged them, and added an external variable to choose between them
  • GMT offset: it will take the high and low of 2 one-hour candlesticks before Monday 00:00 - taking broker GMT offset into account; this is how Phil838 has devised this strategy - using IBFX which is at GMT0 and itā€™s 4-hour candle actually have only 2 hours of data

Me either. The EA is still pretty new, and neither s05 nor myself are professional programmers, but weā€™ll get it all worked out eventually. :slight_smile:

hmmmmm, below is the screen shot of the IBFX demo, noticed that one which is circles (vertical dotted line) is different from your screenshot?

[B][U]Mine[/U][/B]

[B][U]Yours[/U][/B]

Please also include the link where you download the indicator from

IBFX hosts multiple demo server. We have to be careful while choosing this.

IBFX-MT4 Demo-2_4 decimal - Interbank FX, LLC is the closest to the live server.

Charts on some of the demo servers looks different than the live ones.:slight_smile:

hmmmm, interesting,

Long trade broke even :frowning:
Waiting for short.

Hi Phil, Iā€™m still running thru the thread.
Noted one of your comment above.

I have the 3 following questions:

1. Are you able to put in the pending orders during the weekend? or you have to wait until the 1st trading session opens (I beliv Australia market)?

2. The candle for the final 4 hrs does not show on my chart during the weekends. I have to wait till the 1st trading session opens.

3. Why do you call it Sunday Candle? Isnā€™t it actually a Friday candle? Just thot of this out of curiosity.

My long is still open. Iā€™m moving to BE when price gets to 16024. My entry was at 15952 and stop at 15916

http://forums.babypips.com/133505-post986.html

[B][U]Sunday Breakout EA (2 in 1).zip - contains all of the above plus:[/B][/U]

• fixed bug with buying/selling at market price by first sending buy/sell market order, then modifying the order with SL and TP; previously it was giving invalid stop price if I were to have SL/TP in the same line of code

Nope, itā€™s a Sunday candle. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s the 4 hour candle that runs from 8pm to midnight GMT on Sunday. That should also answer your other two questions, since the Sunday candle doesnā€™t exist until the weekend is over. :slight_smile:

If you need help finding the right candle cause your broker isnā€™t on GMT time just post a chart and weā€™ll try to help.