Sunday Breakout Strategy

I can open it from my office pc, which obviosly i couldn’t use it for trading.

But i couldn’t open it from my laptop.

I have no idea why, i’m not a techie. Luckily the MT4 already have the respective indicators readily available.

Correct, you should trade off the 4hour chart, but get the ATR off the weekly chart. And remember your TP is [B]half [/B]the weekly ATR

You should trade every week, unless the R:R ratio is really out of whack, which happens very rarely (less than once or twice per year). All I meant was that the TP is usually more than 3x, but it doesn’t have to be more an 3x.

I think it’s the babypips forum changing the zipped file, I think they are scanning the zipped files and rezipped it using their own zipping software.

It works okay, if we were to download and save to desktop, and open winrar or winzip, and use it to open the zipped file.

[B][U]How to open Zipped Files[/U][/B]

• save to desktop
  • open your zipped program
  • browse for the zipped file that you just saved

Whatever caused it I just decided to leave it alone and not upload an updated spreadsheet. I’d hate for whatever broke this zip file to make the next one unopenable for everyone.

Plus two more months of data added on the 5 years I already have in there isn’t necessary anyway. :slight_smile:

:confused: for some reason my IBFX app doesn’t appear to be updating any prices today, can someone please post today’s values then there available.

Thanks

Both my IBFX demo and live accounts are working perfectly, so I’ll post them right after midnight. :slight_smile:

Ta the timezones are confusing me aswel today, here in Melbourne we went forward an hour just as I was getting to grips with the various times. My Monday morning brain cant cope.

There is also an EA available right? Does the EA move the trade to Break Even as well?

Yeah, I need to put a link on the first post for the EA. You can find it here… 301 Moved Permanently

And yes, it moves the trade to breakeven.

yupe! yupe!

GBP/USD:

Long Entry: 1.5949
Short Entry: 1.5906

SL is 33 pips, TP is 186 pips.

EUR/JPY

Long Entry: 131.07
Short Entry: 130.38

SL is 69 pips, TP is 188 pip.

Thanks Phil for the trade entries.

On GBPUSD, I am couple of pips away from you… This is what mine look like

Long:1.5948

Short:1.5908

SL= 30 Pips
ATR = 372 means 186 pips TP

I am using IBFX demo…

phil838, r u using the EA I have created?
did it create a buy trade for u?

So should we manually open the GBP/USD long as its just above the buy price, did it move there after midnight or before?

You’re right. I was reading the value off the indicator and forgot it automatically factors in the spread. That combined with the normal live vs demo pip difference accounts for the errors.

And my ATR indicator was frozen! Once I removed it and put it back on my ATR matches yours.

Good catch, cprao! :slight_smile:

It did on EUR/JPY. I’n not trading GBP/USD this week because I’m already in a long-term trade on that pair. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it triggered right after midnight. Probably before I got the entries posted. That’s why it’s always best to figure the entries yourself, since sometimes it triggers pretty quick. :slight_smile:

If you’re not in yet its not too late. You’ll miss out on some pips, but not too many. :slight_smile:

I modified the EA to cater for the GMT2 broker that I have and it didn’t enter the trade - citing an error! :frowning:

did u enter a long trade for GBPUSD last week?

Ta finally got mine going after a reinstall & figured it out so got in at 1.5975.

Nope, last week was a no trade week because of the unusually large Sunday candle. It did enter the short trade before I could shut it off though. I closed the trade manually for -2 pips. :slight_smile:

Now that you mention it I’m using one version back from your most recent EA. I don’t think I ever downloaded the newest one you posted. Maybe that’s why mine’s working and your’s isn’t?