Sunday Breakout Strategy

I googled for “Sunday Breakout” and saw my EA (very outdated version) being posted here:

The Sunday Breakout Strategy�-�EA-Performance

hi phill:D

i want to ask, for example (normal rules)
G/U High:1.6000 ; Low: 1.5975 ; atr:400 ; 1/2atr:200
range…? (OB-SL or SL-OS) if OB + spread, there is a different between OB-SL and SL-OS

Long Entires:
Entry: 1.6000 +10+3 = 1.6013 (high+buffer+spread)
SL:1.5975 (low)
TP:…? high + buffer + 1/2atr [B]or[/B] high + buffer + spread + 1/2atr

Short Entires:
Entry:1.5975 -10 = 1.5965 (low-buffer)
SL: 1.6000 (high)
TP:…? low- buffer- 1/2atr (its correct?)

and how to calculate TP and range.
sorry for my basic question, coz a readed all the post, there is still different from the others. how to calculate. and make me confuse:p

You will need to add in the spread for long trades, so you’re right that the entry point of a long trade will be the Sunday candle high+buffer+spread.

The range is always the ends of the candle plus the buffer, I don’t factor in the spread. And the TP is 1/2 the ATR from your entry. So if you enter a long trade at 1.5000 and half the ATR is 200 pips then your TP is 1.5200.

You should feel proud, although I understand you probably feel angry for the theft, I would too.

But take it as proof instead that your work is of high quality, so high that people will “borrow” it.

I did some searching after seeing that…

Check this out… I did not post it to that guys blog, he stole it and even used my name!

Fxann Trading Journal: Reply from Phil838

Also, has anyone noticed the new blogger over at Forex4Noobs. His system looks a little familiar… :slight_smile:

4H Monday Breakout �|�Gus’s Forex Blog

I’m not saying he necessarily stole it, after all Ace from ForexFactor and I both came up with a somewhat similar weekly breakout system independently of each other. I’m just saying it’s an odd coincidence. :slight_smile:

It’s the digital age - gotta love it…

After reading Ace’s rules again on FF I am going to say Gus from Forex4Noobs stole it. His rules are quite a bit different from mine, but nearly identical to Ace’s.

All he did was change the name…

nah! I wished they posted linked though. Because one of the guys was asking in our post why an indicator misbehaved, and I noticed he was on v2, which has been deleted and corrected to the current one.

I see it as a person named “FXann” is following you and Nick. A fan of yours!!

I noticed he summarizes his findings to the more important words of wisdom~ hahA! :slight_smile:

Sorry if this is a noob question.
I am just backtesting with Metatrader 4 + Fxpro
I live in GMT -8, so supposedly the “Sunday candle” should be 12:00 (noon) for me right?
The period seperator candles are only 0:00 ones.

Any ideas? Probably very simple to fix, but I’m new sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

At GMT-8 the Sunday candle should close for you at 4pm local time.

Also, remember that MT4 doesn’t go by where you live, but by what time zone the broker has their servers set to. Your local time will be different from the time on MT4, so there may not actually be a 4 hour candle closing at 4pm local time. You might have to drop down to a one hour chart to see the data you need.

hi phil,

what are the breakout numbers for this week please?

cheers

Mine are:

Long entry 1.58801
Short Entry 1.58360

SL 44.1 pips
TP 180 pips

Im usually a couple of pips different coz im on IGmarkets.

EDIT: Short trade just triggered

Can someone confirm the EUR/JPY i have

132.61 - long entry (10 + 3 spread)
132.00 - short entry

173 pip TP
61 pip SL

Sorry… I wasn’t home to post the numbers. I let the EA handle it this week. :slight_smile:

I have a short entry of 131.87 and a SL of 69. My other numbers are within a pip or two of yours.

Hello People

Somehow Im having a problem with the EA… its opening trades based on the wrong candle… it opened based on the candle prior to what its suposes to be… Im running a IBFX LIVE account… GMT time for the server… any1 knows what is going on?? Gmt offset 0 in my inputs!!

thanks!!

Can you post a larger picture? It’s too small to see what it’s doing. :slight_smile:

We need more details to determine if the EA is wrong. From the following code, I can’t see what’s wrong.

btw, mine has enter the orders correctly.

:frowning: Double loss this week for me.