Sunday Breakout Strategy

I’ve never really though about that. There most certainly could be a correlation, I’ve just never though to look for it.

I’ve got too much going on to do any backtesting on it right now, but if anyone else wants to do it I’d be interested in the results. :slight_smile:

I always use the current ATR as it reads at midnight GMT time, which is usually 15-25 pips below the previous week’s ATR. The drop is because of the small Sunday candle closing and being factored into the equation at midnight.

I’m not asleep, just enjoying the new-found freedom of not having to be home at 7pm every Sunday night. :slight_smile:

Plus I didn’t trade today because I’m going to be gone this week. I trust the EA, but not enough to handle everything while I’m on the road Monday.

That’s good news for everyone else, because anytime I don’t trade it never fails to be a profitable week. :smiley:

Looks good to me! :slight_smile:

2 stopped losses this week? Or is that just my charts?

I guess its just your charts…
I had a stop loss for the short side… long side triggered and still going!!

Hmm I had a spike at 12:01 GMT that got me into a long. Did no-one else get that?

That sounds a little suspicious, nothing like that on my brokers charts or my additional subscribed charts. Both are showing the 1200 GMT candle reaching no higher than 16347

This is my 1min from the period…

This week’s long trade doesn’t seem to be going anywhere :frowning:

EDIT: A win on the news release. Phil was right again, there is always a winner when he doesn’t trade.

finally hit BE but todays news will probably decide its fate

yesterday sell hit my SL
today :
waw…my long hit TP:D

Am I the only one who got spiked out at midnight on Sunday then? :frowning:

Phill You must be kicking yourself

Euro/Yen also finished with a win this week making that 2 in a row according to my feed. did anyone manage to backtest ey further than the 1 year that phil did? i am considering to start live with this pair but with 2 wins in a row, despite every trade having an equal chance of success i feel that i should wait for a few losing weeks before i jump in

What are this week’s numbers?

Hello, I’m new following this system. Here is my take on the #s for this week (can someone please confirm this is correct):

Btw I use an IBFX live account.

GBPUSD 4hr chart candle @ 20:00 GMT:
high: 1.6325
low: 1.6266
ATR(14) = 397 … take profit will be 198
spread: 4

buy @ 1.6335 + spread
sell @ 1.6256

I have the following numbers:

SUNDAY CANDLE [B]HIGH 1.6325, LOW 1.6265[/B]

WEEKLY [B]ATR(14) 398 pips[/B] (as of Friday 10/23/09), [B]TP 199 pips[/B]

[B]LONG 1.6335, SL 1.6265, TP 1.6534[/B]

[B]SHORT 1.6255, SL 1.6325, TP 1.6056[/B]

I use the H1 chart, because my platform doesn’t have H4 charts.

So, I use the four 1-hour candles corresponding to 8pm-midnight London time to find the HIGH and LOW.

In theory, this yields exactly the same numbers as using a 20:00 GMT 4-hour candle.

But, if my method makes you nervous, then wait for confirmation from Phil, or one of the other traders on this thread
who use the orthodox method.

Clint

Thanks Dusktrader. I am new too. I am on IBFX demo though.

The numbers do seem to match up with mine. I have a high of 1.6327. Shouldn’t make a difference I hope.

Thanks Clint.