Sunday Breakout Strategy

EUR/JPY broke even for me. It crossed the BE point by a few pips before falling and getting stopped out.

If the high on Tuesday would have been a couple pips lower it would have been a winner for me too. :frowning:

Are you trading the Sunday Breakout as cable produced 2 losing trades this week

very unlucky there & just shows that Hitting BE early doesnt always pay off as I sometimes move my SL a few pips early but will think twice in the future

Yes, I use Sunday Breakout strategy and and buy was opened on Thuesday and not on Monday.

What criteria are you using for entering the trades?

Nutrader is right, GBP/USD had two losers this week. The trade on Tuesday, while a winner, shouldnā€™t have been entered. :slight_smile:

GBPUSD:
BUY 1.5889, TP 1.6064, SL 1.5829, 2xSL 1.5959, 40%ATR 1.6033
SELL 1.5824, TP 1.5649, SL 1.5884, 2xSL 1.5754, 40%ATR 1.5680

Your numbers seem to be 10-20 pips off from mine, but thatā€™s probably just due to your broker opening up earlier on Sunday than mine. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s not a problem, youā€™ll get the same results as everyone else over the long-term, but your results will be different on a week-to-week basis from most other peopleā€™s.

Phil,

As you know, I trade your strategy slightly differently and was wondering what your winrate for the last 3 months has been and the average R on your wins?

I entered EURJPY at 132.46 and it hit my take profit at 133.66. My stop loss was 131.86 which I never moved. When was I supposed to move the stop to breakeven? And does this chart look the same as yours?

I didnā€™t trade for 3 weeks in August because of my car accident, but I filled in the gaps by looking at my charts and recording what would have happened. My numbers from July 1st to this week on GBP/USD are:

Win rate: 17%
R-multiple: 8.03
Account gain (at 2% risk per trade): 14.7%

I have to admit I havenā€™t been keeping good records on my EUR/JPY trades, so these results are GBP/USD only.

Also, I did break the rules on one trade because the price bounced off a S+R line and a trendline right before my profit target. I closed the trade early and got a winner, but if Iā€™d followed the rules to the letter that trade would have been a loser. If you discount that trade my win rate drops to 14.2%, my R-multiple drops to 4.93, and my return to 8%.

If youā€™re comparing my mechanical results to yours then you probably should use those numbers. :slight_smile:

Your chart looks different than mine because of the difference in broker time zones, but Iā€™m sure the data is roughly the same.

Youā€™re TP was way too low, though. It should have been around 134.30.

You should have moved the stoploss to breakeven when the trade reached 2 times the original stoploss. The BE point was around 133.40 this week.

Thanks Amanda. :slight_smile:

All the wounds have healed now and Iā€™m 100% back to normal! I have a stronger hatred of drunk drivers now, though, since one hit me. :slight_smile:

Cheers Phil, thatā€™s just what I was after. I was beginning to worry that my mechanical return of 16% over the same period was falling behind yours so itā€™s good to know itā€™s still on a par.

Has anyone out there noticed a correlation between successful trades, or unsuccessful trades for that matter, and Sunday gaps? As some will see today, the Sunday bar opened with a pretty significant gap between it and Friday close. Is this a red flag, much like a really large Sunday candle? Historically, has anyone taken a look at this???

I am running the EA on IBFX GMT0, and GoMarket GMT2 to test the GMT offset feature

hi phill

i want to ask u about ATR
which one did we use, ATR(14) previous week or current week?
if we use the current week, the value still change until weekend.

thanks

Hi Folks,

Thanks for posting the system Phil.
Iā€™m still reading through the 100+ pages but I think Iā€™ve got the main idea. Could someone confirm the trades for today on GBPUSD? Iā€™ve got the following:

Sell at 1.6302 with SL 1.6372 and TP 1.6095
Buy at 1.6382 with SL 1.6312 and TP 1.6589

weekly ATR(14) = 414
so TP is set to 207

Am I correct? Looks like my short was triggered if I am.

Thatā€™s about what I got.
My short triggered as well.
I think Phil goes to sleep now that he is using an EA for this trade.

Thanks Rei. Nice to know Iā€™m on the right track.