Sunday Breakout Strategy

The information in this forum is overwhelming honestly. I am going to read through all these 168 pages tonight.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

Hello all,

Im new in forex i am trying out EURO/JPY … Using Forex.com Uk MetaTrader… and trading from Spain.

But i am a beat confused how to stop loss works ,how is it calculated ?

1. What is ATR ?

3.) And when i try placing an order for buy or sell i see a box link where it shows some pips in RED with minus sign or some pips number without minus sign for sell order,what does this mean when the RED pips numbers with minus sign goes up or down or the opposite one without RED COLOUR or minus sign and how does it affect my order?

4.) Is it possible to place a buy or sell order that last for a day or more to reach a price target? and what are the advantage or disadvantages of this?

5.) I am a beat confused with this timeframe in my platform, what is the best time to trader when using GMT or EST time?

6.) Another question i tried trading on saturday and sunday and i discovered that my platform was completely frozen no movement at all,so i asumed they were closed ,so i want to confirm if there are trades also on weekend’s?

Thanks for reading your help will be highly appreciated.

Results for KW 8

GBPUSD

Long Trade Stopped out

Short Trade Stopped out

EURJPY

Long Trade Stopped out @ BE

Short Trade Stopped out

Summary

This Week
-3R

Since Start 08.02.2010
-1.8R

Icemaan

Not having a good run so far with the past three weeks as double losses on the GBP USD trade. I hope we get a couple of wins soon. :wink:

Hey, cheer up. This strategy requires lots of patience on your part. The win percentage is below 50%. In fact, if you were to go through phil’s excel document on the first page, you would find that there was a time when he had up to six consective losses. Which by the way lasted for more than a month. But the idea is that all those losses are usually compensated for by a huge win. So let not your heart be troubled!!!

G/U

Hi 1.5476, Lo 1.5446 ATR 342

Buy 1.5486, Sell 1.5436

E/J

Hi 124.81, Lo 124.66 ATR 562

Buy 124.94, Sell 124.56

G/U long trade trigger at 1.5490 SL at 1.5430 TP at 1.5674 on my FOREX.com demo account.

E/J long stopped out. short is in trade

G/U short stopped out. long is in trade

Hi roundrock,

I don’t really see how you got in a short for G/U.

Can you tell me what time GMT you went short and what the low for your charts were?

G/U was never triggered for short since yesterday. Long is still in place for me.

G/U candle hi, lo are 1.5476, 1.5446. my short is at 1.5436. triggered in 11 PM GMT candle on sunday. that candle low was 1.5429

My numbers from IBFX demo this week are:
Top 15468
Low 15430
ATR 345

Only the long has triggered and is still open.

Regards
Sean

i am using FXCM demo account. i am always having this issue . can someone point me to a indicator, template to draw the box ? my broker is GMT+1. i am not sure what exactly are the times to look for the box

Can’t you just download IBFX demo and use that?

G/U Long got stop-out and short for G/U is triggered and also got stop-out yesterday night around 1654GMT.

E/J short met the target on short side. i am seeing E/J is doing well in last few weeks compared to G/U

Yes G/U has been on a losing streak the last 4 weeks including this one. I’m still in the short trade though which just broke even.

I know strictly speaking this method is based on the three 1H candles before 0000 GMT, but I still think there is something going on with daylight saving, coz when I started following this system half a year ago, the UK was on daylight saving, and I was taking the first four 1H candles, and so was Phil (back when he used to post his orders). In fact, Phil only took the last two of the four 1H candles coz his broker doesn’t show the first two that mine does. If we were to follow the rules to the letter, then without daylight saving we are only supposed to take the last one of the three 1H candles. This was the conclusion that clint correctly arrived at below:

In my opinion, it seems a bit strange that Phil would only be taking one 1H candle data to set up his trades, so I have continued to take the original two of the four 1H candles to set up my trades which means I place my trades at 0100 GMT (or 0000 GMT when the UK is on daylight saving) which this week meant a slightly higher high, which meant I didn’t get stopped out of the short trade, and could move to break even.

On a more general note, I’ve noticed starting at the end of last year the pound has been less correlated with risk appetite/aversion and more correlated with the US dollar ie. when risk appetite returns and all currencies move up relative the dollar, the pound was less strong and even negative sometimes against the dollar. This has lead to (or is caused by?) the gradually falling ATR which is quite bad for this strategy unless there is a subsequent fall in the average range of the sunday data. Phil metioned this in a post a while back, there seems to be a lag where reduced weekly ATR doesnt automatically mean smaller sunday candle ranges. This system is most profitable when the weekly ATR is increasing, but the sunday data is still tight (equalling larger position sizes on fixed risk, increased TP and less distance to BE). We just need to be patient and ride out this downtrend in the ATR.

Phil thx for developing such system…!

good stg, post to subscript.

… take out some not important post.