Supdem's Journal

Hi All,

Glad to be back at BP as opposed to that other place. I like Gila am in the process of qualifying as a Portfolio Manager with a fund who is run by a friend of mine (not sure if BP rules allow me to mention name so I wont).

I have been trading since 2013. Profitable in last 12 months. My trading has changed over the years. I have traded small live acc and demos with great results. But this is my big test. I am starting this journal for accountability purposes and to document the journey during my qualification stage of the fund,

Although my username suggests I am a SD trader, this is only partially true. My zones and rule set for reading price is different from Sam Seiden and others. I found SD trading by itself to lack a real edge (as taught by others)

I still use areas or dealing ranges as my areas of interest based on a number of variables I test for efficiency. I never touch trade and need to see where the orders reside before getting in, which means a lower scale entry.

I use:

*Orderflow and price delivery mechanics
*Understanding where liquidity resides and what it looks like
*Finding less obvious areas where Informed Traders may make their move

I will try and post my entries as they occur and not after the fact.

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to please post any comments

3 Likes

Another area, like always see if price gives us a reason.

A.N gapped up so need to reset my Area of Interest (Aoi) so glad I dont touch trade. Anyway, new area, some liquidity may be above the caps and a push south. Wait for trigger. Also Little worse data from China may support offers above. But Since New Zealand has major trade and is a risk on currency, this is not my major catalyst. Plus more Trump news on relaxing Tarrifs, so only going with technical s on this,if it retraces for a trigger.

Was away from PC and missed a few good trades. Oh well. in the meantime seem if this triggers before I sign off

Aaaah finally someone having a journal exactly what I trade as well (or at least similar stuff) by understand liquidty and orderflow. Good luck and I hope to see more from you ^^

how do you find orderflow data for the pairs, if you don’t mind me asking?

It is not a data that you can find and read about but you can find it on the chart itself. What I am trying to say is that there no website of software for that but it is possible to read it via the technical chart.

2 Likes

Got you! I watched a video on order flow a while back,need a good refresher lol

It is a pretty complex topic to learn but once you figure that out trading becomes much easier. I might consider opening a topic once here and explain the basic stuff that could help some people. Work in progress ^^

2 Likes

thanks! I’ll do my research and gain that knowledge in no time…my time outside of work is forex and chill lol

look for Gil Benhur on youtube he has a series of 4 videos where he explains order flow. He’s promoting his company as well but that’s just for the first 5-10 minutes, the rest is quite focused on trading principles.

2 Likes

Very true. I try and reverse engineer it and categorize in two types of liquidity areas:

1. Uniformed Traders
  2. Informed Traders

some say dumb and smart money or Institutional traders but I dont care for those terms. Once you rebuild the orderbook with these participants in mind, it becomes clearer (it did for me anyway)

I’ll check these out! thanks!