Supply and Demand/Support and Resistance

Is Supply and Demand considerably more or less the same as Support and Resistance levels? I’m a bit confused.

Yes, they are the same and can also be known as zones. So supply= resistance demand=support.

1 Like

Partially.

Supply/Demand has to do with volume on the spot - the meeting of a buyer and a seller and how much they’re trying to buy or sell at current “spot” price(s).

Support and Resistance has to do with highs and lows in the spot price, historically.

4 Likes

That’s the point & you described it perfectly! Besides, since it’s a decentralized market so; knowing the market volume is quite impossible!

Support and resistance levels are price chart features. Price chart features are representations of what the major players are doing.

A support level forms where there is a lot of demand: if it helps, picture actual people running about and screaming Buy, buy buy! in a panic because they can’t find enough supply, they haven’t bought enough stuff and they’re scared of being left out because price is going to go up.

Resistance forms where there is a lot of supply: you could picture these same humans dashing about in a panic to get rid of what they’re holding because they have bought to much stuff and price is going to go down, and they’re screaming Sell, sell sell!

Simplistic? Yes.
And sometimes the big players change their minds.
Just don’t stand in their way when they are rushing through the Buy door or through the Sell door.

5 Likes

offer and demand/ The reactions of operators to the market is what moves exchange rates. These, in turn, reflect all the information: in general terms, prices fall when most participants think they are too high and rise when they are considered too low.

support
A support level is a price level below the current one, where demand has been stronger than supply, driving price increases.

1 Like

even I think it’s That … it has to do with the volume where you learned that, can you tell me in which blog