Supply & Demand Trading System

Gbp/usd h4 tf price is in supply zone ready to go short :wink:

Thank you for pointing that out! I was only looking at the W1 and D1 TFs. I think I may take this trade :slight_smile:

I noticed you have a stochastic on your chart. How are you liking that + S&D?

Yeah hoping it would go our way :wink: and yeah I use it for just extra confirmation sometimes stoch is in over bought crossed over plus supply level just gives extra confirmation and i also use a 50 sma on my chart as you can see and i will enter as price breaks below the sma.

What sources do you guys use to know when major news is coming out?

On the baby pips economic calendar, there is some level 3 impact news coming out Wed for the GBP CPI.

Iā€™m newer to the economic calendars. It looks like there is news coming out for each currency all the time. Is there something that lets you know if the news is ā€œbigā€ enough to avoid trading that currency?

Forex Factory - you can filter so you only get major impact news

Thanks, Rasc. This helps.

That would be great if it did! I have two concerns about it. Iā€™m trading it in a demo account but I donā€™t know if I would have taken it live.

My two concerns are:

1. The current supply is really close to the supply just above it, it basically overlaps. There is a chance price will just eat right through the nearest one, maybe even the one just above it. It did bounce out of the supply though so I think weā€™re good on this one.

Edit: Actually for #1 it depends on how you draw your supply zone so this point may be irrelevant :smiley:

1. I thought I figured out the multiple TFs but this one confused me. The supply zone on the H4 is at a good distance from the H4 demand. Over 100 pips which is great. But the H4 supply is also very close to the W1 demand. Which is where my TF confusion lies.

Iā€™m open to any thoughts from anyone on #2 (or #1 but I think this one just requires more observation and practice for me).

Here are my questions on #2. If H4 supply is so close to W1 demand, do you take the trade? Or does a lower TF supply being close to a higher TF demand mean they are contradicting one another?

If you do take the trade, do you set your TP around the H4 demand or the W1 demand? (Note, the H4 demand falls within the D1 demand).

In the S&D rules that Iā€™ve seen, you should prioritize the higher TF zones over the lower TF zones. But Iā€™m thinking that as long as the zones arenā€™t completely contradicting a higher TF zone, you should go by the zones on the chart that you are trading from only? So if I am looking at a daily chart but I then decide to trade off of an H4 supply, I should ignore the daily demand zones as long as the H4 supply zone isnā€™t completely within a D1 demand.

I know Iā€™ve asked about TFs before, but I guess Iā€™m still stuck on a few things and appreciate any suggestions :slight_smile:

D1 demand is the huge green area.

txs

Sorry txs, it took me a while to get back to you. I agree that this is would be a good setup for going SHORT if the price reaches the Supply zone, but I also see a possibility with the long standing Demand zone based on the left. I also see the Triangle closing when the price reaches the Demand zone, thereby expecting a breakout to the upside.

Thatā€™s the reasoning I have. but I agree, this would be a less probability trade compared to Shorting at Supply zone

Great catch Aniskazi and Txs. I am in this trade too! Going good for now.

I too sometimes refer to Stoch as a confirmation and 99% of the time based on my experience, the Stoch is in oversold zone when the price is in the Supply and vice versa. So, it is surely a good confirmation.

Hey Txs,
This is what I use to keep track of news. https://www.dailyfx.com/calendar

I generally try to keep away from pairs which have ā€˜high importanceā€™ based on the news calendar and try to stay away from it. But if I am in a trade already and the news is coming out soon, then I will try to babysit that pair and move the SL closer to my price, because news can make the price go against you really fast and you donā€™t want to lose the profits you have already made.

For eg. I am in the GBPUSD trade right now with some profit and there is news coming out for GBP in the next few hours so I will move my SL really close.

Thanks, R2, appreciate your sharing your thought process. Makes sense :slight_smile:

Iā€™m definitely going to start adding the stochastics and see what happens. Sounds like a good confirmation tool.

GBP USD went up and hit my SL :confused: Fortunately, I had exited out 90 percent of my position already since I wasnā€™t too sure about this trade and was only trading a mini at the time of the SL hit so my losses were small. It looks like price is going for the H4 demand zone so I re-entered, letā€™s see what happens :slight_smile: I guess Iā€™m over-thinking the TF thing. Hoping to find some info on it this weekend.

Iā€™m thinking about shorting GBP JPY on H4 as well, it just bounced out of a supply zone.

txs

This was really helpful, thanks :slight_smile:

hey guys
had some trouble with laptop thats why this week isnt a big trading week for me sorry for not posting some set upsā€¦
just can show you my single trade from monday morning NZD Jpy profit at the time writing here is +198 pips :wink: its about quality not quantity
sure there were good moves in all jpy pairs but wasnt able to get in accept this nzd jpy trade

nzd jpy long countertrend trade but worked out good :slight_smile:

Great job
Not a good week for me. Had a few Stopped out trades, no big wins for me this week. Playing it safe for the rest of the week.

Same with me, not a great week. I guess it was a good week to only trade a few pairs, Trueman :slight_smile:

I got out of the GBP USD almost as soon as I reentered, and I decided not to go for the GBP JPY (that was a good decision!).

I didnā€™t go for the GBP JPY after all because the supply zone I had bounced from had been taken out by one of the previous candles. GBP JPY ended up going up right after the bounce out of the zone and has completely taken the supply zone out again.

The exciting thing about GBP JPY is that it looks like it may be the end of a downtrend. If so, we may be at the beginnings of a trend reversal!

GBP USD looked like it had done a similar thing with a previous candle taking out the supply zone, although price on this one seems to be heading back down so itā€™ll be interesting to see where it goes.

I looked into some multiple timeframe S&D analysis - well, at least what I could find on it :slight_smile: Sounds like youā€™re on the right track, R2!

From what Iā€™ve seen - we should go to our larger TF, find the S/D zones and mark them. Then go down to the next TF and trade a lower TF demand if it falls within a higher TF demand. And trade a lower TF supply if it falls within a higher TF supply.

I think you can also trade lower TF S/D if there are no zones around it.

Basically what R2 suggested.

I think with the GBP USD, we were too close to a higher TF zone which is why the trade didnā€™t go as planned?

Just my thoughts so far.

txs

have been gone through a few youtube tutorial of SD ZONE DRAWING, still cannot find proper way identify whether the supply zone will become demand zone, vice versa. When the price reaches to supply zone, how you know it is gonna break up the zone to go upward, or the supply zone will act like a pressure to push the price downward, in my opinion, it is 50% up and 50% down? How do you guys accurately to identify this matter? If you dont understanding what i have been mentioned I would like to attached with photos next time. Cheers.

I think others should answer this also since Iā€™m still new to S&D trading but I wait to see which direction price goes before I place an order.

So, if price is in a supply zone, I wait to see if it exceeds the zone or if it bounces back out. If it bounces back out, I will short the trade. If it breaks the zone, I donā€™t enter a trade and wait for the next demand/supply opportunity and repeat the process at the next zone.

You miss out on some pips this way but I feel more sure of my trade and I hopefully eliminate hitting my SL as often.

txs

After saying that I was going to take it easy for the rest of the week, I saw some good opportunities that came up and hence decided to take them up. But due to a not so good start to the week, decided to trade smaller positions for some.

EURNZD - BUY = 100pips = TP hit
NZDCHF - SELL = 60pips = TP at 150pips
CADJPY - SELL = 20pips = TP1 at 100pip and TP2 at 200pips

In Supply and Demand we Trust!