Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Hi Pete,

Just building off your video on the EURUSD I’m liking the fib zone around the 1.35325 area possibly could hit there again to me it looks like Smart money are taking up long positions again over the last two days after the mark down and now high volumes are coming in at those low prices. Will be interesting to see what happens if the pull back comes.

Cheers,
Tave

1 Hour Chart

The wide spread uppie at the end of your chart ended up being a sign of weakness/supply coming in, next candle closing bearish to confirm…and it dropped. But yes, there was some buying yesterday into the down move…so I’m seeing lack of consensus. This is a big news day, I’m most likely staying out.

haha yeah it got smashed. I’m now seeing the short entry, even had a no demand on 5m. Glad I didn’t set any orders.

Thanks for your help man, I feel like I know the theory now just putting it into practice is still my hurdle.

Cheers,
Tave

Its good to see that you are posting videos on how you are doing it all. Any chance of a live account?

lol no, I’m not going that route. I’m glad you’re finding the videos helpful. There are many for you to check out…about 30 or so. If you have questions feel free to post.

Just getting into VSA. Do you recommend I read your first thread in its entirety before going through this one?

You could start here. In the old thread I was still refining things in the first half…and of course watch the 30 or so videos.
Just to note, there is about a 10% difference in my style of VSA and the “official” tradeguider version. You can checkout their youtube channel/website etc.

Babypips is smelling fresh as a spring morning today…someone do some cleaning? :slight_smile:

There is no measurable benefit for him to do that; it only results in added stress, which is detrimental to the trader’s psyche.

As for those who’d watch it live, it might bring you temporary elation to see the method work in real time as opposed to seeing videos posted after the fact. However it won’t help your trading - reviewing his videos, understanding his reasoning and trying to apply it on your own will help your trading :slight_smile:

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Does anyone who uses the NSND indi know if it repaints or not?

I use them and they don’t re-paint for me. Pretty basic code behind where it will show up if the volume is lower than the last two and the candle did not close at the top/bottom for a ND/NS confirmation

Great thanks.

Catching up on the charts. I figured I’ll record as I think out loud. With VSA not communicating a clear direction yet, I’m looking at key areas to show their activity or lack of.

Any idea why the indi only points out NS/ND candles a few candles after they formed instead of when they close?

With this being the case, I don’t see the point of even using it…

Because they identify when the candles are confirmed. They are a possible NS or ND, but are not confirmed until the following candle closes above/below the possible NS/ND.

The indi only points out confirmed ones, and not potentials. You can get a voice signal of a potential one, but it will not paint until it is actually confirmed.

Remember,

A No Supply is only confirmed after the bearish candle has less volume than the previous two, and a candle after it closes above the bearish candles high. It will cancel if there is a close below the bearish candle.

A No Demand is only confirmed after the bullish candle has less volume than the previous two, and a candle after it closes below the bullish candles low. It will cancel if there is a close above the bullish candle.

Hi Pete
I’ve not been on here for long but wish I’d found it years ago and saved a few quid! I was following some of icts stuff until he cleared off and to be honest ,was quite impressed with his concepts.I’ve been interested in trading volume for a while but never really found any conclusive,practical advice.I’ve just spent the whole weekend going through your material and have to say I’m extremely impressed.VSA is a big piece of the jigsaw for me.I look forward to this thread continuing.Thanks a lot! By the way,if you are who I think, I’m very impressed by your research on customer centricity.If it’s not you then that won’t make any sense!

Hi Pete,

Would this have been a valid set up? I know it’s not classic but I just wondered if this could be a deviation…

Hi guys
I’ve just made my first trade using Petes concept (I think!) on NZD/USD
It’s still running so I’ve no idea how it’ll pan out. The first pic is H1 and the second M5 with my entry point ticked in red.
Please could you tell me whether this was valid as I’ve read it or was it just a lucky call.
Cheers !