Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

pete pls is dat an upthrust in 1h time frame?2nd candle

For my “live” news feed, I use Forex @ DailyFX - Real Time Forex News
To look at what scheduled news is coming, I use Forex @ DailyFX - Economic Calendar | DailyFX Forex Events Calendar
Another useful Scheduled News one is Automated analytical tool for your forex trading account, Social forex community | Myfxbook

There are four for you to look at from SagiCZ and myself. You should find one that you like amongst those :slight_smile:

USDCAD might be up for a long, worth keeping an eye on, but I dont think I will unless the picture improves, other than that, it’s hedgehog charts.

i guess this is going down…?

What is ?

As far as today’s range, yes…high volume, mostly pin, into new high ground. Technically it’s called a “hidden upthrust” because it closed bearish. The next candle was a doji rather than down so it’s not a good confirmation.

They can look a bit risky, but I find the right setups for these quite rewarding.

That release was negative. It ended up being the next major news release that did exactly that (15 gmt). Manufacturing/Construction was positive, there’s your headline. Up move on the release, but it clearly showed weakness by our definition. Text book manipulation that we could see coming.

“Smart money”: Don’t flatter yourself, I believe you are only of average intelligence. :smiley:

Small gain today. I took a ND short after that news move, took off 1/3 at 61.8 then BE was hit. That’s fine though. I did not want to hold my short against a pin/increased volume bounce off fib.

Looks like it wants to distribute more, and shorts up high are still on as long as supply continues to show up there.

I know it’s a bit early, but I’m already getting nostalgic about the year gone by. I just deleted what I originally wrote because I’d rather put it this way.

Besides making money and the obvious responsibilities in life, there is usually one thing we should be doing. It’s based on the talents we have. That’s you really being you, when you are using that talent. So the question is, this year, did you do that one thing you know you should be doing? Or, did you make excuses? For me yes, but I wavered at times. Lessons learned going into next year. That’s how it works eh.

Honestly, I have yet to find my true talent. It’s very hard for me to find what can I do best. I am always focusing on doing more things at once thus not doing anything 100%. I am focusing on forex, coding, school… all of which could one day serve me as a source of income. But I would also like to work on myself (f.e. work on my own attitude (I am terrible procrastinater :())… Well I wish I could commit to those 4 things but I always get over-excited for doing just one part and ditching the others :frowning:

I know this is totally off-topic but I thought it’s somewhat relevant to Pete’s current mood :slight_smile:

If you do see a doji showing that it’s not a good confirmation, what do you then look for for further confirmation? Just no demands that confirm also? Thanks.

Looking at the daily chart there seems to be a reverse upthrust. We also seem to be in a channel. I am looking to go long …

Hi by the way…

I’m half way through “the manual”.

Liking the VSA take on trading. Anyone used the trade station plug-in for mt4 ?? Or not necessary??

Regards

Best darned year of my life.
Panicking a bit because “That Which I Have Been Working Toward” is about to be met in present time, it is exciting, exhilerating and terrifying at exactly the same time.

Trading wise, I need to focus more on my discipline and trade management. I can theorise ok, and get in ok. My exits can be messy and sloppy. And I’m thinking that comes focused practice and discipline.

It’s not only not necessary… It’s absolutely useless. I used it for couple days and it’s so buggy I don’t even understand how could anybody buy it. I use a simple MT4 indicator instead. It shows only ND/NS, climaxes, up thrusts, stoping volume and hidden selling. These are the only signals I use for my trading . Oh and did I mention it was free?

You can download it here. If you can edit the source code, you can enable about 20 other signals. I disabled them for the obvious reasons - they don’t work properly and chart is getting unreadable. Even the modified version sometimes shows ND where there shouldn’t be or misses an obvious one. Therefore I can’t recommend it to newbies since you need to check the chart anyways. It helps a little bit. Try it if you want.

VSA Signals 1.03 MODIFIED

VSA Signals v1.03 MODIFIED.zip (6.54 KB)

Thanks for the awesome thread guys, just finished it for the first time, learning lots, hope i can contribute soon.

Hah SagicZ, well what do you know, it was yesterday I was coding up an ND and NS Alert, I’ve come across another one but not the one you’ve just posted.

All mine does is Alert when there is an NS or an ND, before the close though, I’ve programmed it to follow the rules we discussed earlier in thread to the the letter, I’m pretty sure it works to that spec, anyway here it is! I’ll be keeping an eye on it for the next few days to make sure it’s working correctly.

NSNDAlert2.mq4.zip (1.05 KB)

Pete, are you still a music producer? Made any hits recently? :smiley:

Off topic I know, but had to ask! :stuck_out_tongue:

SagiCZ + Purplepatchforex -> you guys are awesome. Thanks for sharing your indicators.

My long swing trade on the E/U is going well.

I have a feeling 2012 is going to be a very good year :slight_smile: