Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

well FXDD was pretty solid until just recently been playing up. I’ve been using both my own broker (Alpari) + FXDD feed to try and gauge an accurate picture, they both are decent feeds.

Hi TerribleTrader,

Demand may have entered the market but there was no mega strength or climatic so for me it was safe to enter the market with the trend and on a NS after the sign of weakness.

I am using an FXDD demo account for my volume feed but as Pete and others have stated, the volume seems to be unreliable.

The Gap up appeared on the 5 minute TF at 9:30am GMT.

Regards

Hi Moninchow,

Demand may have entered the market but there was no mega signs of strength or climatic so for me it was safe to enter the market with the trend on a NS after the sign of weakness.

Regards

hey m8 not arguing that there was not any SV or Climax in anyway but price was just showing more demand coming in than supply over the last few days, i would’ve taken caution against shorts personally. More power to you if it all worked out for you but seems the long setup did work out over yesterday and today, although i missed all of it ;_;

Text book G/U and G/J longs today. So nice. :slight_smile: I’ll be making a video soon showing the setups and to give new info about Volume feed.

fookin get in m8! took that trade on the GU right dere with ya m8.

nice 2:1 trade for me. made up and then some for the trade i took earlier on the GU thinking it was to turn then. Good thing i hung around on the charts!

I forgot to show the entry on the second trade. There was a No Supply (highlighted at 18:50 ) leading to a push through the Automatic Rally. The combo entry as I call it. Entry is on the first candle that closed above AR.

Great work as usual! I LOVE Petes consistency and his patience. They are some of the top traits that make him the best trader I’ve ever met.

Study this method and trade live with Pete and you will create a life long skill and income for yourself!

Ryan

Random Thought…

The only reason that companies label every single bar when trading/teaching VSA is so that their software doesn’t look totally insane. That way, you may actually buy it.

The only reason an individual would feel the need to label EVERY bar on the chart is if they learned from one of these companies.

Learn the concept of VSA, understand how supply and demand work, and you’ll be 100 times the chart reader versus any piece of software!

Ryan

Thanks for another great vid Pete! I have the metaquotes feed setup, and it does look really nice.

Question. I see you take a lot of trades on the USD, EUR, GBP, & JPY (for good reasons). I saw on your vid that you have charts for the AUD, CAD, & CHF also. Do you find many good setups on these currencies, or is smart money found more often trading in the “big 4” currencies?

I stick to the ones you see in the vids 99% of the time. Fact is, if the charts are not clean, showing SM consensus on the pairs I trade, then chances are other pairs wont be any better. There is additional info I can get by checking in on the others. For example, I often look a E/G just to compare the two without the usd or yen influence. Maybe it will help me pick a e/u or g/u setup if they come at the same time looking similar. Could tell me one is stronger/weaker. Some of those pairs are just there because attendees of the live sessions ask about them and i left it there lol. Glad you found the vid useful. I’ll continue to watch this feed, so far it’s great.

Hi Pete,

Thanks so much for sharing your method and continuing to help and teach us all. I have been studying Forex for a few years but up until about a year ago I was putting all my time into learning Price Action trading e.g. Pin Bars and Bearish/Bullish outside bars etc… I’m not even sure how I came across your method but it has changed the way I look at the charts. I now understand what’s happening and how SM work.

I still have a lot to learn and still struggle to determine which phase SM are in e.g. accumulation or distribution etc but I am determined to crack this. I have come a long way in the last 12 months and I’d like to offer my sincere thanks.

One thing I have learned more than anything and that is that patience is paramount. This is a marathon and not a 100m sprint.

Regards
Conrad A.K.A peekinside

Pete i see in a lot of your vids you try to count manually how many pips a certain move or candle is. I dont know if you know this or not but when you activate the “cross-hair” (middle mouse click for me) you can actually just hold down the left mouse button and drag across the chart. It will show you a period count, pip count (pippette if 5 digit) and price in real time as you drag the mouse. Also good for drawing impromptu trendlines quickly.

Just a heads up, apologies if you already knew this and it appeared patronising or something but i just found it weird you never used it…

Also any update on what the MetaQuotes feed is based off of?

Hey guys, I’ve been watching the cable lately, and it looks to me like there is a lot of demand coming into this market.

On the monthly, it looks like an ascending triangle pattern. I’m using a metaquotes demo, which doesn’t have a lot of volume bar history, so I’m not looking at the volume so much on this chart.

The weekly is showing a lot of volume for last week, with the close being well off the low, and the price being right in the 50-61.8% fib zone from the 2013 low to the 2014 high.

The daily show a lot of volume coming in on a down day on Nov 6th, with no follow through on the next 2 trading days.

Do you guys think that in the medium term we may be seeing a turnaround in the cable?

IMG: GBPUSD Monthly
IMG: GBPUSD Weekly
IMG: GBPUSD Daily

dunno m8, i’d take volumes on anything higher than a H1 time frame with a massive grain of salt as the volume is probably just very session dependant and you dont really know where those high volumes manifested themselves, on down bars or up bars… just look into the H1 to see where most the buying/selling is.

Missed the EU short but took a quick UJ long scalp, took some TP and have a small portion running.

chart…

EDIT: goddamn what horrible quality, some real ****e compression on this site…
anyway, if you’re unable to read it; two good NS entries earlier but i missed them and took a pretty “chasing it” type entry later on, not something anyone should make a habit of… :58:

Ah right. I always forget about that. No new info on the meta quotes feed, been busy relaxing. :wink:
Lets see how it performs this week.

for what its worth it performed wonderfully for the EU and UJ today… deer lord dat move sweet jeebus.

My Alpari UK feed was almost matched to the MetaQuotes feed, looks promising.

Alpari feed:

MetaQuotes feed:

Hey Terribletrader, thanks for the input on the cable.

I’m trying to see the setup you saw on the EU earlier today. Do you look at the H1 at all, or just go straight to the M5?

Try attaching an imgur link to your charts, as well as attaching them on your posts, like it did. That might fix the eligible small picture problem.

Cheers.