Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

The old news trap trick?

Right, it would be typical at this point but weā€™ll see.

This stuff, makes my brain ache, but hang on, the news is good, which means itā€™s good for the USD, so EURUSD should go down, the initial bearish reaction confirms this, but hey, you arse itā€™s a trap, so we will be flying long shortly?

I donā€™t care about the actual news resultā€¦just the initial move, and the reaction to it. Volume and price tells us the truth.

Good, I hate thinking about how the reaction to news is.

Maybeā€¦

We are watching a battle this morning.

Excellent looking stopping volume on the 1HR. Waiting for the confirmation.

Just got done reading the ā€œ1,500ā€ thread and was thinking the exact same thing. What intrigues me is that weā€™re achieving lower ground with relatively lower volume, whatā€™s up with that?

The Smart moneyā€™s waiting with a bagful full of shorts
A hundred stops are taken, still no one wants to long
Keep the patient fingers from the losses on the charts
Sold a load of gold, it went for a song
Ooh - wait for No Supply that never seems to come
Ooh - wait for No Supply that never seems to come

I think I know a song!!!
(The Original)
The station masterā€™s writing with a piece of orange chalk,
A hundred cancellations, still no one wants to walk,
Keep the hungry children from the skeletons in the back,
Paid to keep an eye out for the gipsy caravan,
Ooh - waiting for the train that never comes,
Ooh - waiting for the train that never comes,

And we wait patiently, knowing what is happening behind the price action. All we need is for the SM to show their hand and get rid of those shorts and we are in for a nice little ride.
We are patient and will wait as long as it takes. So much better than gambling and losing :slight_smile:

No trade, no regrets. Iā€™ll check in tomorrow after news.

Simple answer isā€¦not enough demand. Maybe initially profit taking and aggressive longs, but nothing sustained. Let themā€¦basically only two things I expect will happen. There is actually a legit meltdown and no reversal to come anytime soon or, this is one big trickā€¦reverse the move down of the past two days and SM will clean up.

So tomorrow, nfp. I donā€™t know the statistics, but I know I have seen many occasions where that release ends a trending move that had it coming.

Just a thought. Weekly TF sellers battling shorter TF buyers. Would weekly TF traders be trading breakouts? Either way we will see it play out on the charts. I just like to try to make sense of what goes on so I can be ready for it in the future.

Did anyone try any scalps today? I was ready to take a long as soon as the oppurtunity came, but we just kept getting NDs. So I figured I would scalp some, unsuccessfully. (all shorts) I could have been successful, as the moves eventually went my way. But knowing that all the demand was there on the bottom made me very uncomfortable, and I ended up needlessly stopping myself out half-way to my SL a couple times. Would any of you guys try to scalp in this environment? Maybe a smaller position size would have allowed me to ride it out.

Hello, toss the coin today, guys :smiley:

Hi VSA traders,
Many thanks to Pete and all the contributions that make this thread such a valuable learning tool. My gratitude to you all.

After the strange downward accumulation we have seen, are the NSā€™s we see now mean it is time to consider long positions even though we havenā€™t much fib areas to trade into, or have we?

Appreciate some comments

Hi HR4, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen you here before, so Iā€™m coming from that angle for your reply.

We donā€™t look at the Weekly chart at all here (do we)? The basics are to look at the 1hr to see if w get Stopping Volume, we trade with the trend until there is, we then find an ND/NS for entry on the 5m, I tend to use the 15m rather than the 5 though, but I use it in exactly the same manner in practice.

We do scalp, the scalps were on yesterday as it happens, but it looked like it could reverse at any time.

I think the scalps you had were a bit too scalpy, far too aggressive with your stop loss, like I think youā€™ve realised.

Today, Iā€™ll be looking for longs, it looks bottomed, no clear signs of accumulation yet, but we have a lot of stopping volume, and we now have NSā€™s too, but note Petefaderā€™s post about the NFP.

Finally I have reason to show off my nice new lovely wonderful wide screen monitor for a good purpose!

Sorry, but Iā€™m in a cryptic mood, but I think the train we were waiting for yesterday is about to come into the station!

Toot, toot :slight_smile:

Quite a range of news in the next two and a half hours, culminating in the NFP news. I am probably a bit more ā€œcarefulā€ than some, but my own opinion tonight (today for most of you) is to watch through the news and see what the NFP creates for us. Might be the last piece to the puzzle before our longs come in :slight_smile: