Support and Resistance Levels which matter

Hi Fellow Traders!

Let me introduce myself. I’m Mariinus from The Netherlands. Next to my full time job, I have been working on a system to identify Support and Resistance Levels which matter the most. Once I have them, I use them for logical Entry and Exit Points or as a Confluence Factor in some other Trading Strategy.

I started to publish these Levels every Day before London Open on Tradingview for a couple of Weeks now. I noticed there is a lot of interest for it, so I thought to communicate them here on Babypips as well.

My goal is to help you in your Trading whenever I can. If you are interested as well, bookmark my thread. A Like is always nice as well.

Next, you can see my Tradingview Account for the things I published the last weeks (username Mariinus). Going forward I will use this thread to post everything I post on Tradingview as well. As a starter I will post some examples in the way of a snapshot I made on Tradingview at the time.

If you have any questions, remarks and or feedback, please let me know in the way of a reply. I’m looking forward hearing from you.

As a side note and some sort of transparency: I like it to give this information for free. It’s sometimes heart breaking to read stories about Accounts blown up and or implications bad trade decisions can have on personal lives. This is my main motivation to post my Charts and the way I look at the Markets. It would be great when in the end I helped you to become a better trader and more profitable in the end. But when this effort is not sustainable next to my full time job and it means I would need to quit my job to continue doing so, I will consider to make it a paid service for a very reasonable fee. Having said, enjoy my posts and I sincerely hope it will help you a lot in your own trading!

Disclaimer: My Charts are in no means Financial Advice and or invitations to enter the Market and put your Money at Risk.

How do you find those levels?

Looks like extrapolation of a volume profile tool/indicator or a script that’s counting highs/lows in a price range. More highs & lows must certainly mean more support, right? :slight_smile:

https://www.tradingview.com/x/ZQ1MuWgV/

How do you find the Tradestation platform and are the commissions and fees reasonable??

Is the Tradestation platform you are using is that Tradestation Global linked to Interactive Brokers??

Cheers

Blackduck

Show us your live trading account with results otherwise you risk unintentionally put money of other traders at risk (yeah, it’s not a recommendation or advice but your “tip” can be taken into account if it seems reasonable and change trading decision of somebody and lead to losses).

1 Like

Hi!

They are calculated based on an algorithm I developed. I have a software development background. So my passion comes from here

Hi!
It’s the result of an algoritm I developed. I have a Software Development background, so my passion started over there. I don’t consider highs and lows and the number of touches. I consider Price Action within a certain Time Range. It’s hard to explain indepth.

For now it’s better to focus on the Levels I publish and WATCH/STUDY how Price moves around these Levels. Do not Trade them right away without knowing what you do! Just take the time. Transpose the levels to your own charts. The current ones and those from the past and study those historical days. Overtime you build experience, you start to recognize certain patterns etc.

The end goal is that you develop your own personal trading plan with a set rules to follow. Once you arrived there, you start to test it in a DEMO account for a while. Only when you are satisfied with the results, you CONSIDER to start trading Live.

Hi!

Tradingview is a social platform where traders discuss and exchange trade ideas. You can use it for free and you have paid plans which give you more features and possibilities. It can be found at tradingview dot com

I cannot share the link, because I’m a new user here. So apparently I cannot share links in general

Hi Ontario, I understand your question but I will not share this kind of personal information. I don’t advertise a signal services or do any sort of advise by communication “enter here, stop loss there and take profit there”.

On the other hand, you triggered me to stress that the Levels I publish on Tradingview should not be traded with right from the start! Like I replied above, you should first study and watch them! Just look how Price moves around these levels and build experience.

Below the levels for EurUsd for today. Don’t trade them right away! Transpose them to your own chart and take the time to study how Price moves around these levels!

As a new user I cannot share links, but for more details visit my profile on tradingview dot com, user Mariinus.

Below the levels for GbpUsd for today. Don’t trade them right away! Transpose them to your own chart and take the time to study how Price moves around these levels!

As a new user I cannot share links, but for more details visit my profile on tradingview dot com, user Mariinus.

Yes sorry my mistake.

Cheers

Blackduck

No sorry needed :slight_smile:

Hi Traders!

Here an update on the published S/R Levels this morning and how Price behaved around these Levels. See Related Idea with the publication of the S/R Levels this morning.

The Day started with a move lower during London Open, making the Low of the Day.
The Reversal could have put you on the wrong foot expecting for a ‘Support Turned Resistance’ scenario. That’s why I added the warning sign to indicate this would be a false one and would have resulted in a loss.

Price rallied into New York Open making the High of the Day below Friday’s Low.
Three opportunities presented themselves to capture a Scalp ranging from 30 to 10 Pips.
The latter one was already a bit doubtful to me. Once Price retraced from the High and start to rally again, I would have liked Price had pushed through to take out last Friday High. When this didn’t happend and Price stalled for like a hour, you have to consider to collapse the trade in a modest Profit or reduce your risk.

I didn’t highlighted the flips during the move down at the end of the day otherwise the chart would become very busy. As a side note, when I would have harvest my Daily goal in terms of pips, I would not re-enter the Market for a new Trade. After a winner or winners, the next loss is close by. Why risk money when you reached your goal or exceeded it. Greed is one of the biggest pitfall for a Trader.

I cannot stress this enough: don’t live trade these Levels at this moment! Give yourself the time to build experience and discover how to use it, or find your personal way how you can use it. First Study, then demo or paper trade and build confidence!

Hope you appreciate my content :+1:

Warm Regards,
Mariinus

Hi Traders!

Here an update on the published S/R Levels this morning and how Price behaved around these Levels. See Related Idea with the publication of the S/R Levels this morning.

We saw the High of the Day in London Open and Price Action was boring and hovering around the 1.0950 Level within the boundaries of the HeatMap.
This boring Price Action cannot be said for the New York Open Session.
We fell out of bed making the Low of the Day around 1.0910.
We got a nice opportunity to get in sync with the Market Movement in the middle of the Swing lower, which would have gave us a nice 25ish Pip Scalp.
The more aggressive traders could have had 40 pips going Short at 1.0950, but this is not something I do recommend. I like to first see any significant move higher or lower, breaking a level and then hunt for a retracement into that level.

I cannot stress this enough: don’t live trade these Levels at this moment! Give yourself the time to build experience and discover how to use it. First Study, then demo or paper trade and build confidence!

Hope you appreciate my content :+1:

Warm Regards,
Mariinus

Below a snapshot for the levels I watch today for EurUsd. Like I said before: don’t trade them right away! First know what you are doing. Study how Price moves around these levels. If you have any questions let me know!

Warm Regards,
Mariinus

Below a snapshot for the levels I watch today for GbpUsd. Like I said before: don’t trade them right away! First know what you are doing. Study how Price moves around these levels. If you have any questions let me know!

Warm Regards,
Mariinus

yesterday recap for GbpUsd

recap of EurUsd from yesterday Price Action. Clearly held in a range.