Support and resistance vs supply and demand

Can anyone explain the difference between support and resistance vs supply and demand please? Thanks in advance

Two sides of the same coin.

Stay away from that ICT/SMC scammer nonsense.

Learn basic price action using naked charts, and learn how you want to trade.

Everyone is going to look at the charts and see different trades.

2 Likes

When you look at a chart you will mostly see waves rising and falling. These are short term supply and demand movements and many daily traders, as well as scalpers, follow the action.

S&R zones are best looked at on the daily charts down to the 4hr. This zone is when the order balance between buyers and sellers is similar, producing a consolidation usually within a small area.

On an upward trend price action will test the bottom resistance level, and if it breaks through, the top level becomes a new support level. I would aim to place a T/P below the resistance level, then wait and see what will happen.

Vice versa for downward trends. I use PSAR balls to track highs and lows at 0.09-0.50 setting.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

I don’t quite get it. I’ve been trading with phantom. Is there any course or mentor you would like to recommend? Thanks in advance

How about looking through this great education site.

1 Like

Sure hope your question wasn’t a setup to mention your broker or whatever course/mentor!!!

It’s telling that @steve369 gave you a very in depth answer and all you could say was “I don’t quite get it.” You didn’t ask for specific questions or repeat back what he just wrote to make sure you understood it. Instead you give that one liner and then mention your broker?

1 Like

I’m sorry if it comes over like that, that was in no means my intention. I guess I’m still a newbie after reading that answer. I’ve been studying for over a year with them. That isn’t the best advertisement I guess. Anyway, sorry if I offended someone. The community isn’t a broker BTW. But thanks for the new insight you gave me.

To be honest support and resistance is pretty straight forward. Just look at two or three video s on YouTube on how to mark the lines

Hello I was from phantom too. It’s real good you should watch all the videos like 3times and practice on and on

None taken! Just wanted to write to say how I interpreted your response. Thanks for clearing that up and for being kind and not mean writing it!

Why should I, we’re all at the same pad here.

Any recommendations?

I was trying to be helpful,just look at half a dozen on YouTube.you have visual presentation s.Youtube ok for the technical stuff like S/R and Candlestick s theories ect

You are, I really appreciate it and I will start from scratch again. Do you have any recommendations or a channel in particular?

I’ve not been on YouTube for months I’m not on a PC or Laptop. it’s pretty fundamental just look at a few .

I assume you’re asking about supply and demand zones.

Supply and demand zones are relatively narrow price corridors where the price initially paused briefly before it exploded in one direction and started a strong trend.

For example, if there is a sudden and strong upward breakout in a demand zone, it shows that the buyers suddenly absorb all selling interest.

This imbalance usually occurs without notice, which confirms this buying pressure was accumulated in a flash and that all sellers have withdrawn at once.

If the price enters such a demand zone again, buying interest (“demand”) still exists because not all market players managed to enter the market during the first movement.

Hence, the term, “demand zone.”

You want to look for a strong breakout The stronger the breakout away from the demand zone, the higher the probability of the price finding support (due to “demand” or buying pressure) if the price falls back to the zone.

It’s the opposite for a supply zone.

1 Like

Hi @giellec. Just a bit of emphases on @TradingPanda. S&R are levels where the market is telling that the instrument is at its lowest price or highest price within a time frame. S&D are the little change in prices between S&R levels. Let take it this way more supply of the instrument price drop and more demand of the instrument price rise all within the lowest price and highest price (S&R Levels).

Summary

Supply and demand are always on the run. They are drawn as prices hitting psychological levels or fib levels. While support and resistance remain for long and when broken it is a new phase.

Supply and demand are drew one at the time. If the market is bullish you only draw demand zones and when the market becomes bearish you only draw supply zones. While support and resistance are only drawn by looking at past price actions.

Supply and demand zones are drawn looking forward, while support and resistance are based on past price actions.

Supply and demand are for short moves, while support and resistance are for the big boys.

Supply and demand are used to add on to positions or enter a trade that you had miss the beginner of the trend. All wave theories are based on supply and demand.
When market is bullish and you start observing new supply zones forming, they might only be some retracement.

Hope these ones help!

Understanding support and resistance is quintessential for traders because without having sufficient ideas over these support and resistance, traders can’t set their target. Understanding these supports and resistance falls in the category of technical analysis.

snd is matter, also snr is but neither is superior to the other. :grin:

To set the tp and sl properly, you have to understand the support and resistance well. Otherwise, you will lose majority of the trades.