Swing Trading the EUR/USD using Trend Line Theory. Is a 1:3 risk reward ratio too ambitious?

Obviously there’s no guarantee price will continue but that’s no reason to not use this system.

If price stalls between the last entry price and the next entry order price, the next order is not triggered and potentially I can close all positions at a profit. If price falls back and hits the stop, then every trade except the last two close at a profit - the last one is the only one that closes at a loss (equivalent to the original capital risked), the one before closes at break-even, all prior trades close at a profit.

I never calculate my r:r so I’m hardly saying this is a system that is just good for artificially upgrading r:r. This is a system for making trades increasing asymmetrical with the bias increasingly to the upside. There are no apologies from me for re-posting the outline of this system for traders who won’t have seen it before.

Thanks for all of your responses. It’s given me a lot to think about, and research and testing to follow up on.

Cheers again for the support

This is a great approach @tommor! Something I’ll have to incorporate.

FR&L

Why would anyone do that?