System144 - By Peter Leyshan

Forex Currency Trading System
System144 - By Peter Leyshan

This is a Short-Term Trading System [B]1-3 days[/B].

Only two indicators are used: [B]Williams%R[/B] (Period 14), and [B]Awesome Oscillator[/B].

The system is designed for [B]AUDUSD[/B] and [B]USDJPY[/B] currency pairs only.

[B]Selling:[/B]
Look at the daily chart. When the williams%R goes into overbought (0-20), or has just left being overbought (just below 20), we are looking to go short.

Next look at the daily chart again. The Awesome Oscillator needs to turn red. If it is red, we sell when the price moves below the low of the previous day.

Stop-Loss is set at 40 pips for the AUDUSD or 64 pips for the USDJPY.
Take-Profit is set at 50 pips for the AUDUSD or 80 pips for the USDJPY.

If the Stop-Loss, or the Take-Profit prices haven’t been hit after 3 days, we close the trade manually for a smaller profit or loss (the market is going no-where).

Buying is the exact opposite.

[B]Buying:[/B]
Look at the daily chart. When the williams%R goes into oversold (80-100), or has just left being oversold (just above 80), we are looking to go long.

Next look at the daily chart again. The Awesome Oscillator needs to turn green. If it is green, we buy when the price moves above the high of the previous day.

Stop-Loss is set at 40 pips for the AUDUSD or 64 pips for the USDJPY.
Take-Profit is set at 50 pips for the AUDUSD or 80 pips for the USDJPY.

If the Stop-Loss, or the Take-Profit prices haven’t been hit after 3 days, we close the trade manually for a smaller profit or loss (the market is going no-where).

[B]Money Management:[/B]
Never risk more than 2% of your trading account.
Risk/Reward Ratio = 1:1.25

[B]Where does the system get it’s name from?[/B]
Originally, the system asked for a Take-Profit target of 144 pips (this is a magic number 12*12). But later this was seen as greedy, and it can take several days for this target to be reached, which means rollover/carryover costs start to add up.

According to the system, we should be expecting to go long on both pairs soon right?
AUD/USD fell down to a support I think, and USD/JPY had a huge fall could probably use a bounce, so I’m thinking an entry at some point seems sound. I’m guessing this week there will be a day were we go above the previous days price.

It’s close. But as I type this, the weekly chart for both pairs is not oversold. AUD/USD is at 72 on the williams%R, and USD/JPY is at 75. Both need to go between 80-100 first. So there is no trade here yet.

This forex trading system has recently been optimized. The weekly chart has been replaced by the Awesome Oscillator, and the new Risk/Reward Ratio is 1:1.25

Hi Tangara,
Just wondering if you could post some screen shots to show some recent trades? As an Aussie, I like systems that are directly used on AUD. I would also like to ensure I have my platform set up correctly.
Cheers:)

Hi leroy1,

Here are the two most recent trades on the AUD/USD and USD/JPY. Both trades hit the profit target easily.

Cheers mate, Looks like I am set up correctly and ready to rock and roll.
Thanks for your help.:slight_smile:

Hi am I correcting in saying this system is now showing a short on the aud/usd?