Taking a $100k account challenge. Trade #6 - USDCAD Short

Hey everyone!

And this is the last trade in the queue to publish, for now, all the new trade ideas I post will be as I take the trades :slight_smile: Enjoy!

Entry

Trade Description

The market consistently held a bearish structure since March. Recently it interacted with the bearish trendline, showing strong rejection on the daily timeframe.

Also, a death cross was spotted in June as well as heavy overbought patterns from the stochastic indicator, which also supports the bearish outlook.

TP1 is set to the nearest support area, while TP2 is open with a trailing stop loss. Since the pair shows heavy range patterns on the daily timeframe, it will be considered a full closure when the price gets close to the support area. SL is set to 1 ATR above last high from H4.

1 Like

Loving your trade updates and looking forward to see how you get on on your challenge.

However, would you be able to keep all the posts on one thread as it would be a lot easier to follow?

4 Likes

Hey!

I think that’s a good idea! What’s keeping me on the fender about it is as I update the trade ideas, I think it might get messy.

For example, let’s say I post 2 more trades on this thread and then post a follow up on an older one, I think it could be a bit hard to follow along.

What do you think?

As long as you’re numbering the trades and mention the trade number I’m sure we can keep track.

I’ll create a thread with all the challenge info as I go through it after the chart art prize is assigned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trade update

And well, I’m reporting some bad news, the trade has been stopped out, however, I’d label this trade opportunity as a valid setup, traded the right way, and it just not working out because not every good set up will be a winning setup.

Here’s the screenshot:

I’ll still consider this set up for a breakout and retest trade, so I’ll remain monitoring the pair :slight_smile: