TD Ameritrade?

I’ve been trading forex off and on for about 3 years now, and the biggest issue for me was finding an honest broker. And the answer I always got was, all brokers are bad, you just have to find the one that’s the least bad. Well, I have not traded forex in about 6 months, I’m a full time college student, so I don’t plan on trading again until after the semester.

I do invest in stocks, so I have an account with Sharebuilder and TD Ameritrade. I logged in to my TD Amertitrade account today, and was surprised to find out they allow you to trade up to 100 different currency pairs.

So my question to everyone is: Has anyone attempted trading currencies with TD Ameritrade? Would it be a good idea?

If you go to their main site and click on “trade” there’s a forex option, you can check it out.

If anyone has tried it, let me know. I’m sure others are eager to find out as well.

Thank you.

I am also interested in this and am in the same boat…

I have not traded with td ameratrade but I have traded with thinkorswim that is owned and operated by TD Ameritrade and they are good to deal with. I Dont trade forex to often with them as there spreads are typically higher. I think TD Ameritrade has even higher spreads than thinkorswim but I could be wrong there. As long as the spreads dont bother you I would say your good.

I too have been paper trading with Thinkorswim but it is linked to my TD Ameritrade account, that is how I log into Thinkorswim. Does that make sense? Who is your stock and forex broker Bob?

I have been doing listing to all forex brokers both regulated and non-regulated for an inquiry platform called WikiFXwhere the trader is able to know the ratings and status of a broker. On the website TD Ameritrade was flagged as not regulated brokers. Just correct us and enlighten us so we can update our website. Thanks!