Technical bug - notifications and PMs not working correctly

We wanted to let you know that we’re currently working to resolve an active issue with PMs not being received and/or notifications or notification alerts for those PMs not being received. This doesn’t appear to affect all users.

When someone sends you a PM, you should get a numeric alert on your avatar and a new notification in the notification drop-down (which you can see by clicking on your avatar in the top right corner of the website) You can also see a full history of all notifications by going to your Profile page and clicking on Notifications.), and

For some users, they get the PM, but no notification or alert. Some users may not get the PM at all.

So if you haven’t checked your PM’s in a while, please do so now by going to your Profile and clicking on Messages. If you’ve sent a PM to a moderator or other staff member that has gone unanswered, please let us know by posting a message in Community Feedback

Thanks!

To access your profile, do the following:

1. Click on your avatar in the top right corner of the website

2. Click on your username

To access your PMs/Message, do the following:

1. From your Profile, click on Messages

To access your Notifications, do the following:

1. From your Profile, click on Notifications

OR

1. Click on your avatar in the top right corner of the website. Your notifications will appear in the drop-down menu.
5 Likes

I’ve noticed that I am not getting notifications for mentions and replies to my posts/threads. It’s been like this for some time. Maybe around a month or so. Any idea what might be the reason?

2 Likes

Hey bradley79,

We weren’t seeing any issues with the @ mentions, likes or reply notifications. Please check your drop down notifications when you get the chance, as you should have got a couple from this reply to you. Please let me know, thanks!

We’ve been making some changes to our background infrastructure over the last few weeks and months, and this looks like a technical issue on our end. We’re actively troubleshooting it.

Pipstradamus

1 Like

Got only the like notification.
The @s I sometimes get and sometimes don’t. Same with the reply notifications.

1 Like

Looks like we may have pinned down the bug. So notifications and emails should start coming down here shortly. It may take some time for everything to run it’s course, so thank you for your patience.

Pipstradamus

1 Like

I just found a whole bunch of notifications and PMs up to 28 days old !

Thanks for sorting it - I’ll get back to anyone who needs replies asap :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks for letting us know it’s working for you.

1 Like

Same for me as well.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Yup, also got a whole bunch of notifications! I was wondering why I haven’t seen posts from certain topics! Thanks for the update @Pipstradamus

2 Likes

Glad it’s working now! :slight_smile:

1 Like