Tesla buys $1.5 billion in bitcoin!

• Tesla announced in an SEC filing Monday that it has bought $1.5 billion worth of bitcoin.
  • The company also said it would start accepting bitcoin as a payment method for its products.
  • CEO Elon Musk has been credited for raising the prices of cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, through his messages on Twitter.

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the company said it bought the bitcoin for “more flexibility to further diversify and maximize returns on our cash.” Tesla also said it will start accepting payments in bitcoin in exchange for its products. That would make Tesla the first major automaker to accept do so. (The $1.5 billion worth of bitcoin will give Tesla liquidity in the cryptocurrency once it starts accepting it for payments.)

That’ll be why the price pumped then!

Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk added that the decision follows an update of Tesla’s investment policy, which now allows the company to buy crypto currencies.
Bitcoin’s shooting for the Moon, we may see it rally to 50 this week.

Yup I still can’t believe it hit 47k. Crazy!

Join the partyyyyyy let’s do it. :joy:

Maybe I really should, no matter how high it is.

The big guns don’t seem to think it is too expensive to buy clearly

My dude, we’ve been talking about this for years now. Get in already! :joy:

I had and then I sold it. I should’ve held onto it. :frowning:

You can always still get in! :muscle: If it hits 100k you’ll regret it. But forget that I said anything though if it drops back to 10k hahhaha

1 Like

I am already regretting not holding what I had before. I didn’t actually believe it could reach 50k. Look at us now.

Look it might be headed to 100k for all we know. I say buy even just $50 worth :sweat_smile:

I even saw some predictions it may rally to 200k. :dizzy_face: