Text correction: major or cross-currency pairs

Hi,

1. In this lesson it says:

“Now let’s take a look at the average pip movement of the major currency pairs during each forex trading session.”, but the table contains also “EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY, AUD/JPY, EUR/GBP and EUR/CHF”.

2. Question:

These currency pairs “EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY, AUD/JPY, EUR/GBP and EUR/CHF” are not majors, they are cross-currencies.

So, it’s a need for text correction ?

Thanks for you time !

I wonder what the definitions are too. But only because it makes a difference to my broker.

My broker gives a different list of majors to the above: they charge the lowest margin rates on the majors, higher on the minors and highest on the Australasian (except AUD/USD, which they class as a major).

they are, according to one method of classification, wherein all pairs including only the 8 major currencies (USD, GBP, EUR, CHF, CAD, AUS, NZD and JPY), with or without including the USD, are considered “major pairs”

they’re not, according to the other classification, wherein only pairs comprising USD and another major (e.g. USD/CAD, USD,JPY, GBP/USD, EUR/USD) are called “major pairs”

different people and different websites use the term slightly differently

it’s not about “right” and “wrong” - either method is acceptable and both are in very widespread usage