The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

My first post here but this thread has got me hooked since I received the email from Babypips

I am also very new to trading and currently only running a demo account and trying to build my strategy.

This trading method really intrigues me because of the simplicity behind it.
I have tried this method myself this week and haven’t had positive results so far, one trade has gone in the right direction whilst the others have gone on the direction I didn’t expect. I have kept these open as the signals will indicate that these will reverse shortly.

I need guidance on how I could adapt this strategy and wondering if you could help by providing more in-depth guidance.

Thanks!

This is a good strategy but if you try Nikos Academy you will find a refined version which I think is very good. Much of the basic training is free. Also endeavour to find a system for managing the trades which go wrong. Hedging strategy is worth considering but to perfect it takes effort and patience.

3 Likes

Home sweet home. Back to the rental company she goes.

1 Like

Current open trades.

Trades that hit take profit. £344.56 for this week.

Total profit, over 50% now. Total stands at £5305.18 as of now.

2 Likes

Whilst away I was down, but not down and out, and definitely not worried.

risk

I know my risk and what I could lose and have stops in place.

None of the stops were hit and the good old sunshine sorted everything out by the time I was back.

2 Likes

Keep forgetting its Friday, closed the other trade as well.

Weeks profit stands at £541.86 - not bad for a weeks wandering around.

Only 4 open trades now, 3 close to moving into profit soon.

No offence but you’re hardly a professional.

In this day and age the professionals can’t trade to save their life, and end up creating “trading rooms” and signal services to put bread on the table - instead of teaching the simple man how to trade for himself.

Eyes on this thread, eyes on the bread.

3 Likes

Damn I love this thread.

2 Likes

If you meant you went crying and flagging to the mods - that’s understandable.

I don’t mind the back and forward…Sign of desperation to have to make that stuff up…

Let the Mods show us what’s fantasy…

Yes must be proper desperation pushing a trading system on to people.

Hard work that.

1 Like

That’s a very interesting response, not sure if you have done your due diligence on this reply as I can tell you for a fact that you are incorrect which is delightful.

Also, I have never stated myself to be a professional trader and in truth, my bio does in fact state that I am “aspiring” again your argument is invalid.

1 Like

Thank you - it wasn’t really an argument, just a statement, but it seems friendswithbenefits is rubbing off on you.

On that note why aren’t you watching the Women’s World Cup, England 1-0 up.

1 Like

I construct my own opinions but I think Trendsw/benefits has some valid points.

I am still working away on some great projects so no time for football until the weekend.

Be sure to catch the highlights, some beautiful stuff on the pitch, and the football isn’t bad either.

4 Likes

How on earth did you manage to take such a hefty complicated strategy and actually apply it to your own trading, I’m baffled.

There seem to be some dims on here that can’t work it out, and you’ve already worked it out.

Pure shock.

3 Likes

That’s the whole point.

If you’re expecting them to go in your favour within minutes or hours, then this might not be for you.

See this > The £10K Gamble - [The Journey] - if your risk is capped, and stop loss in place, you have nothing to worry about.

If you’re confident about the bigger picture, then all you worry about is staying in the trade.

2 Likes

I just hope and pray that it doesn’t get to the point where the Moderators suddenly decide to close this thread and we, as-yet-trading-simpletons, get to loose out - not being able to forage vital pearls strewn across the plot. All because people just don’t know how to live and let be. How right now I wish I can have a whiff of the wasted energy/experience/skill tumbling back and forth in this space, and direct it to making good trades every five days and hold somebody’s along the journey. Good people!!!

2 Likes

What you need to know has already been shared a long time ago.

What follows can be considered the results of the experiment, that’s it.

It’s as simple as it can get. There’s no watching funny colours change like a rainbow.

It’s all basic support and resistance and the very long term direction. Coupled with risk and position sizing.

They can kill the thread, they can’t kill the strategy, and I’ll always be back.

1 Like

@The_Baller, I have deep respect for what you have done here and your undaunted spirit. Thanks for the initiative.

2 Likes