The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

gold is still pushing upwards right now at previous highs

@The_Baller

What you do when it is ranging like EUR/JPY? Probably not touch it.

possible bear flag…

In this screenshot your red rectangle is indicating you’d take short position at this price and green box you’d take a long position at that price correct. Just wanted to verify I’m understanding correctly. Annotation 2019-05-04 200637

yes, buy at support and sell at resistance, but u need to have a confirmation, as ussually price will break them or spike on them x amount of pips, and depending on ur risk tolerance can be a pain specially on higher timeframes. gold runner did it again, and i think there s a lot of upside room since it broke weekly resistance

another nice markup during asian session. stay green guys cheers

What chart is this please, and time-frame?

Incorrect, thats his SL and TP

Definitely not touch it if its in a range.

If its consolidating then just keep an eye on it for a fat breakout.

2 Likes

Correct answer below.

This.

Slowly people are realising.

Interesting email.

I guess it is a bit of a gamble now.

email2

Maybe post it on @Clint’s Going Offshore CFTC thread too (ASIC and this very thing has been brought up there once or twice).

1 Like

Today I managed to bypass these nanny restrictions from ESMA and moved my Fxpro (is it still the UK no 1?) over some Seychelles entity so back on high leverage and they have no problem with clients residing in the UK.

FXPro was my very first broker, for several years until I moved to IC Markets.

How did you stick to high leverage on FXPro? Did you apply for the professional account?

No. I don’t really meet ESMA requirements so that wasn’t the way. I have been with FXPro before ESMA was introduced and on the day one they said that the only way how to get high leverage is to became a professional trader. OK so I shut down the account and came back a year later.

I have noticed recently that at the very bottom of their page you can choose an entity and each one is regulated in different country. Obviously there is one with 1:500 leverage and that is where my interest started. Then I just came to Live Chat and requested to move my registration over different entity, filled some forms send id’s and now am back on high leverage.

Very happy that they found the way how to bypass this as I have no issues with FXPro at all.

You can find more info there

I get you now. Makes sense.

You’re right, there aren’t really any issues with FxPro.

At the end of the day its all paperwork.

If IC Markets can seamlessly move my open trades, history and everything, even keep the same client login area - it means nothing is really changing, apart from paperwork to say the other company is in Seychelles and manages clients from the UK.

I guess I’ll just wait for the migration and see what happens.

Agree on this one. And with the fact that even EU brokers are able to offer high leverage to its clients means it’s all just a paperwork drew up by good lawyers and clever people.

So hopefully in case they’ll shut your account down you have a good broker here and can keep this thread alive and keep balling

1 Like

Slow week this week, a lot of stuff didn’t get moving as expected.

Total just crept over the £6K mark.

Technically I could withdraw £6K and my total risk for this experiment would go down to £4K.

1 Like

Nice workmanship here really and also motivating.

Will you do this at some point or you just keep re-investing?

Thanks.

Yes I think so.

If you’re always risking the same per trade and know your limits, then the profits are surplus to requirements and just sat in your account doing nothing - if anything its just temptation to trade bigger because you can afford it.

Awesome I’m acutally learning alot from this thread with just enough infomation to allow me to really analyze and understand.

I see you open a new trade just before closing an old one. Is it just to bank in profit similar to scale out or is there any particular reasons behind it? And the NZDCAD ran since mid May till today?