The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

Same question what is the point of this thread apart from feeding your ego?
I am surprised this site is letting you get away with it .
It will die a death or eventually you will be banned

Once it clicks, you’ll realise its called a trading journal - if you look closely you’ll find a lot on here.

The site has no problem with this, and they’re promoting it daily via their newsletter.

It seems you want someone to give you all the correct answers without actually doing any of the work.

If you don’t get it then jog on and find something else.

1 Like

Trading journal?? What is the point ?
Throw a couple of live trades in but it wont happen

You’re clearly new here and have no idea.

You’re right it won’t happen.

I already show my open trades whether in profit or draw down.

1 Like

I rest my case

You didn’t have one to start with.

You just want someone to tell you what trades to take.

1 Like

Excuse me stepping in but I think you should back-track a little. I’m going to venture what @The_Baller is showing here is not a strategy step-by-step “recipe” and its not really a real-time log of his entries and positions and exits. This thread illustrates a trading style, and the choice of trading style is far more important than selecting a strategy, and way way more important than selecting an entry signal.

I was sceptical at first but actually there’s more than enough here to construct a working strategy with suitable entry signals and personally acceptable risk management and all the rest.

Personally, I have never posted any account details and never will. I very rarely post what trades I’m in or what trades I’m out of nor entry prices and exit prices and all that stuff. BUT - I have always been very happy to post what I’m going to do and why, and oftentimes in greatest detail - whether anyone can use that knowledge is up to them. Not my problem. But if you know the game you can tell pretty quick if I can make money. Whether I do or not or whether you do or not, and how much, is nobody else’s concern.

But I hope you can get on with trading and make some money. There’s absolutely zero profit in shooting down posters on a forum…

6 Likes

That is very funny!! :laughing::laughing:

@tommor you truly have a way with words! Eloquent!

KC

1 Like

Let me throw this in there and I may be totally off base and am sure the Baller will chastise me.

If chikou span is now above price on the daily or weekly chart when it was below it earlier the f%*"king trend has changed. Get it?

Yes this is also one way to use it.

I’ve already explainined that I use it in a very simple way to plot S&R here > The £10K Gamble - [The Journey].

The problem is nobody reads anything and just jumps to the how do I make money with this, tell me step by step and spoon feed me everything part.

1 Like

aren’t you nervous yet? But I am in short trade too and to me it is still downtrend.

havent read all posts (actually only the last 5-20 or so[actually not read, but just screened over]) whats the actual count? 10k starting balance, on what sum account balance are we now?

ppl maybe want to read, but the thread is crowded with nonsense posts, its hard to dig through 10.000 words to find the 100 you are looking for.

i for myself, only care for how the gamble is going so far. whats the actual account balance.

True - this is what has given rise to a search for the forex “holy grail” on a grand scale or the BPSS (babypips silver spoon) within the forum.

feed mee

Read the posts, use the search tool and apply some of the gathered knowledge by placing trades or spinning charts back and seeing the performance in a demo account. I think this is the best way to learn.

KC

Trouble is, almost everybody who comes into trading applies the same rules that got them good exam results at school and a good qualification and a good job and a good promotion. Which is to basically know more and more about less and less, to apply the most effort to eliminating mistakes, and to follow a more and more detailed set of rules more and more precisely.

All this is fine in almost every other endeavour - but not in trading.

(with thanks to Mark Douglas)

6 Likes

I closed it last night once it broke the daily highs. Win some, lose some.

I would agree. But I do believe there is something to be said for accumulating a core base of knowledge of the forex market and how it “seems” to work. What I am advocating is not simply knowledge for knowledge sake but if a person has a question, and chances are it’s been asked before, and the answer is only a few keystrokes away, taking the initiative to to find it is more beneficial than asking to be fed.

I think we are in the same boat here too. This is one of the hardest aspects to corral!! It should get as much discussion as RR and Leverage! Read a book and saw a video presentation by Mark Douglas - I found it a bit “dry” at times but very beneficial for me. I highly recommend it.

At some point the rubber must meet the road, the pizza the pan and the trader the market. I have found reflection/review of my journey has been the best way for me to learn.

KC

1 Like

no1 s trading gold? runner, almost 400 points last night and now testing the previous highs again, money to be made, also aussie kiwi might be a nice short if manage to break 10500 ish lvl, ofc only my opinion, get pipping guys and stay green

@The_Baller nice trades, great results bud

Closed my Gold long this pm. Strictly speaking I trend-follow it so it will be some time before I can join you in a Gold short.

i ain t gonna short gold just yet, it might atleast test previous highs or get marked up again, and i ain t seeing distribution( banks or smart money) selling at the tops, there s is some resistence but i wouldn t short it just yet, and it s gonna redistribute(range) there for a while before markdown if that would be the case.bias still bullish on gold for now. that s only my view on the matter, doesn t mean i m right lol… the big banks run the show, actually few weeks ago a bank was fined some millions of dollars for manipulating the market, dunno where that article is right now