The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

Current week.

Current month.

Very close to doubling the original 10K, inches away from 20K.

6 Likes

It has been an absolute pleasure following your trading experiment! I am taking in everything you have mentioned and incorporating it… but one thing I do different, I make my own dough. Home made pizza is just the Balls!

1 Like

My pleasure.

I don’t blame you. I’ve only just starting making dough at home (my wife makes it basically).

But I have invested in the below - I shall be firing this bad boy up and blitzing a couple of pizzas in under 60 seconds.

2 Likes

Nice, just the kind of thing I need. Now that’s an investment! Must post a Pizza pic one day, and I quote:

Regarding picking tops or bottoms or when trend will change direction…

While simple and very obvious this is advice I have to heed more often!!

KC

@The_Baller do you try to get in at the top of a downward trend or bottom of upward trend in order to tighten your SL? or do you keep the same spread on your SLs no matter where the chart happens to be at the time of entry?

In a nutshell, no.

My SL can range from 300 pips to 700 based on the trade in question. You have to look at each chart, the opportunity and the risk involved on its own merit.

This is tough…

What takes precendence? current or long term trend?

For example, EUR/CAD, it’s been in a downward trend since ~Mar 2018 but in an overal uptrend since 2012.

1 Like

The current trend.

1 Like

Current week.

Total so far.

1 Like

Just you and I left in here? Your feedback is much appreciated. Forex is daunting bro but I am trying my best to learn and practice.

I don’t think this was discussed, how do you determine your exit point?

So, if this is a play account, do you use a similar methodology to trade your “real” account?

1 Like

From what I can see, the majority have got it and are just cracking on with it. The rest are just silent watchers.

I don’t have any predetermined exit points. I just keep an eye on each trade and exit when its enough for me - or exit and go back in again if there is some juice left.

I trade all accounts the exact same way.

2 Likes

This is continuing to be a great thread, teaching me a lot. I see that a lot of my trading behaviour in the past has been all about risk and panic, and that keeping my lot size small means I can chill when I’m 200+ pips wrong.

Elected to take a calculated loss last week when GA spiked up Weds morning. I had opened too many small lot size positions. Using mt4 and not ctrader, I hadn’t assessed them properly. Have to learn to count better! Of course it retraced but I was okay to lose a k as I learned good stuff.

1 Like

When is it coming out?

Closed one trade, and surprisingly only one other trade open.

Need to get back on it.

Opened a few more positions - this time a bit bigger.

Less positions, bigger size, 4 is the max.

We shall see where this takes me.

1 Like

Hi Baller, great to see you’re still on it. Are they all short? EURAUD in my view I’d long… what’s your thought?

EURAUD is long. Rest are all short.

@The_Baller when is that thing you have in the works coming out as a new thread?