The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

Yeah, totally hear that. I was very reactive the first few months I traded forex. Constantly doing stuff like this. I have found what works for me is to start in with a small lot size relative to account size. If the trade moves towards me I take my, relatively small profit. If it moves otherwise I can sell/buy again the further away it moves and then still close in profit even if it doesn’t retrace fully to my original entry point.

Selling GBPAUD giving a lot of opportunities for me this week. Volatile but with overall downward movement over the weeks. I’m about 20% up this week on my 2k live account. I’m figuring that it’ll drop again by Monday night, which would pay for my Audi’s new turbo and be cool.

1 Like

Only on the monthly.

Not really sure how to explain it. It could be a case of I-see-what-I-see.

Possibly not. Just looks like a short to me. Nothing special here, just lower highs and lower lows.

Yeah, that’s an easy one.

3 Likes

After a slow few weeks, was a good week - in reality it was just last night and today.

Had to close a few break-even after holding for a while and nothing really going on.

Made £740.11 as of now.

Takes the overall total to £7431.40 profit.

Got a few open positions to carry over to next week as of now.

1 Like

how come your lot sizes are so different please?

I also like clean charts. I only use support and resistance, fib on higher timeframes for entries and tp and I recently started using supply and demand indicator, given by my broker for upgrading my acc to 10k. works like magic !

Good start to the day.

Closed a few trades today.

Just hit the £8K mark.

2 Likes

Done and dusted for the day.

Sometimes a little patience is all you need to appreciate you can make in a day what the humble man cannot earn in a week here in the UK, and just kick back with a pizza and an ice cold one.

6 Likes

I lied, I wasn’t done for the day. I am now.

£1101.29 for the day.

1 Like

Hey @The_Baller, so doing my best to try and figure this out.

Alright, so you said you take trend lines into account on the monthly. I think I may have found a good example for analysis, let’s see.

if we take a look at EUR/AUD on the monthly, it appears that it is ranging/in a consolidation phase. It’s popped the top lagging line and inching up towards the trend line. It is in a upward trajectory but based upon the monthly trend line, would you short?

Hi amrogers3,

I’m new to this forum and I like how The_Baller trading strategy. I have learned a lot from this thread.

I would like to comment on your monthly chart. It’s my personal opinion… :slight_smile:

This is my monthly chart. Based on monthly chart, I will long. I use different method from The_Baller.

I used H4 and Daily chart for entry confirmation.

I might be wrong. :blush:

Yeah definitely many different ways to read a chart.

I think reading a chart properly is one of the most fundamental aspects to trading but it is not always straightforward or so easy.

I see it as it is ranging between the two yellow trend lines since around 2015. But does it break the trend and continue to #1 or make a correction and head to #2?

You make the wrong call here and you will be in the red for a long time trying to ride this back out.

Related question for @The_Baller, how do you determine when the chart is ready to make a change in direction? The monthly yellow S/R trend lines below?

I can’t really see any consolidation anywhere on this chart. The Euro is pretty strong right now. I’m still long.

I wouldn’t even dream of trying to determine anything like this.

I simply wait until it has made a change in direction.

1 Like

Then color me confused brother. You said you look at trend lines on monthly. Doesn’t monthly trend show it may take a downturn once it hits the top? I must be missing something, where do you consider the trend lines to be?

Probably over analyzing here.

I look at trend lines, but I can’t really see any.

All I can see is a potential area to put a stop loss if you wanted.

Lately I haven’t been using many hard stop losses.

HI @The_Baller do you actually use chikou span for the trend direction or only to put support and resistance lines ?

The latter usually, but I’m known to use it for both.

@The_Baller I really like how you zoom out even in Monthly chart.

It really make it easier to identify where is the support, resistance and trend is going.

Just closed a few trades.