The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

Indeed - its only real considered a gamble because it was risking 10% per trade initially, but I know I have more chance of having dinner with the queen than it hitting my stop loss.

3 Likes

Quite funny. Was just brushing up on a gap play by John F. Carter not five minutes ago and he notes the same thing. Everybody is encouraged to place their stops as close as possible so as to increase their position size. And while you’re being been stopped out numerous times in the day your broker is busy counting up their commissions.

Just like us, brokers have to make money as well.

No easy money like a bunch of stop losses all in the same place.

Closed a few positions today. Profit of £568.70 - 5.68% for the day.

3 Likes

Well done. That’s a lot of fags!!! Or pizza??? LOL!!!

Actually that’s my rent (more i.e just checked the GBP/ZAR exchange rate to be sure!!! LOL!!!).

Pizza does the job for me and has been for the past 10 years.

This is why that gap up and election stuff was BS. If anything its just a trap to reel suckers in, before continuing lower - people forget about the bigger picture and problems.

If you were in this trade pre-election and had a tight stop loss, you would have been pinged out, only for this to continue lower.

I made some nice returns for one of my clients - £4K in a few days, 1 hour max committed time wise.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed!!! LOL!!!

Nice work though. Nice work.

nice trades
looking well so far

Few of my latest positions.

latest

Fu*k. Between you and @GilasTrading I’m trailing in the dust unfortuinately. Not something I have the luxury of doing right now. It is what it is I guess for now. Very nice though. Very nice indeed.

Current profit for the week, as it stands, £902.53 - 9.02% gain.

Current month, £4235.08 - 42.35% gain overall.

2 Likes

I know. My point exactly!!!

As long as you’re getting there in the end, that’s all that matters.

Sometimes slow and steady is the best way forward long-term.

I’ll show my landlord your post next week…

Tell him to take it easy, have a pizza, relax.

What’s the rush, the rent will be collected.

very nice! i just opened up some positions aswell!

they are doing well already.

@dpaterso chill friend it’s not a contest. Maybe stop following our threads everyday if you seem tempted too much to trade larger and more often.

Hello.

Not tempted. Just frustrated. And have at least learned to not let either influence me.

Well I shall leave you two minting machines in peace and go find something constructive to do (like pick up dog sh*t and have an afternoon nap!!! LOL!!!).

Be careful out there…

Later.