The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

You got that bit spot on. Time for a little nap.

1 Like

Closed a few more positions, from bed.

I guess everyone is used to 10% gains minimum, so there we have it.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing
I do not understand
PLZ share Video Recorder
Thank

Sorry, nobody got time for that.

4 Likes

You beat me today. Will get you back tomorrow hahaha. Just kidding. Good job my friend!

Thanks, slow and steady.

I had a ridiculous pizza for lunch with some kind of crazy mustard, not sure what its doing to me inside - but this might be it for the week.

Monday is a bank holiday in the UK so it will be a 3 day weekend as well.

A few of my latest positions which I’ll be closing off soon.

positions

1 Like

We can call this week, £1200.49 profit.

Not the best week, a lot didn’t get moving, so just had to close for a few pips here and there.

No more new positions this week. Only closing.

2 Likes

Hi @The_Baller

I have been around for a while and was happily watching this topic so far. First of all, let me introduce myself.

I am Mike, based here in the UK, West Midlands, interested in things you talk about. I am originally coming from Europe - Czech republic and have been living here for around 5 years and yet, haven’t mastered my English :grinning: so sorry for some errors in advance.

Now, let’s get to the point. I like your approach to the trading as I have been involved in Forex for last 6 years and since then I still believe that indicators are BS. I have done some FX seminars back in Europe and read a couple of books.

The thing what I have learnt from my mentors is that all indicators are lagging and in the world of Forex there is no ‘Holy Grail’ so I quite quickly picked this up and started doing my own research. They also taught me that S/R zones (not lines) are the most efficient gun you can use on markets.

This kind of goes well with your trading approach and adding the facts of pizza here and there and reading markets on M or W basis at weekends make sense.

But is that really it? I mean your approach seems to be eased or perhaps reckless? No offence as I do like all stuff you talk about and was thinking we can elaborate your approach a bit further.

Do you usually take in to consideration other facts like News, Economy, Weather, increasing price of Pizzas? or you just look at the chart and see where the price goes and then just place an order?

I mean the success hasn’t hit me yet and I managed to blew up a couple of thousands before, so here I am.

I have traveled across a lot of places in the UK so would be happy to have a pizza with you and maybe we can go to Czech republic there’s good pizza too and we will discuss your approach a bit in detail.

Take it easy anyway,

Cheers,

Mike.

1 Like

Adding something what you haven’t definitely missed out

1 Like

I am sure his Lordship will appreciate that when he wakes up in the morning!!! LOL!!!

Wakey wakey!!!

Hi there.

Thanks for starting this thread. I agree with you price action is No. 1 indicator. I wish you the very best of luck in your journey. Have you ever in your past had problems with closing your winners too early and how did you overcome this? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck and enjoy the long weekend.

Nice to hear from you Mike.

You are on the right track.

I would fall asleep in a seminar and I can’t read books without a lot of pictures.

Some traders like to draw lines, some like to draw zones, at the end of the day they are just areas of value.

The bigger picture, 99% of the time, wins.

Yes. Einstein said, if you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough. It’s so simple, that’s why I understand - that means anyone can understand.

This is the way big institutions and hedge funds trade. If they’re doing it with a £100M fund and you only have £10K then you do the maths and go in with a sensible position size. Small position sizes can allow you to withstand all the whipsaws and noise.

You have to let the market unwind and do its thing.

The only reckless way of trading, is trying to scalp a few pips for several hours a day, before it finally takes it toll on you.

None of this.

Yes, I look for the trend on the bigger picture and I get on board.

We’ve all done this, so nothing to worry about here.

Pizza is the food that brings people from all walks of life together, sitting around a table with a good pizza is win win.

5 Likes

I’ve noted this.

I appreciate pizza related info anytime, day or night.

I have come to believe this is the key

No problem.

Yes, everyone does this all the time.

It’s a question of discipline at the end of the day. When you’re in profit its very easy to just call it a day and convince yourself that the market is going to turn any second.

You can only solve this by practice or by simply using a trailing stop loss to lock in profits.

1 Like

One day, everyone will become believers.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.
Its something that has crept into my trading. I will keep plugging away at it.

Best regards and keep up the good work:)