The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

“Reckless trading” can work for some people, just requires much more discipline and so much more tiresome than how you do it :wink:

Just because you know what you’re doing doesn’t mean the majority know or understand the pro’s and con’s of scalping.

There were a few on this forum but I can’t name them as it upsets admins - but they are history.

Agree it’s not for everyone. The same way how you trade is not for everyone as well. There’s no holy grail or fits all style, we do what works for us individually.

Besides, I only think I know what I’m doing. I don’t know myself whether or not this account will still be around in a few months. But it is a style that can work, theoretically.

As long as everyone understands this - there is nothing more to understand.

Thanks for your reply. It is good to know that trading works this way. I have always been involved in ‘‘hands off or set and forget’’ approach rather then staring at screens all day long scratching couple of pips.

It kind of reminds me the quote by Jim Rogers: ‘‘I just wait until there is money lying in the corner, and all I have to do is go over there and pick it up. I do nothing in the meantime.’’ :grinning:

Hope you all enjoying long weekend

1 Like

11% is fantastic in a month, let alone in a week!

1 Like

Not really a fantastic week on not so much capital :wink: @jessoprules Just a pretty good week.

A bit of a slow one this week.

Latest positions.

Its only going to get a bit slower as I’m going on NC500 - and that will take 11+ days or so.

I’ll be in an Aston Martin so it won’t be that bad.

Will try and keep this updated as much as possible.

1 Like

Was wondering why you were so quiet.

You know the story: pics. or it didn’t happen.

I was in doubt that he had overeaten after long weekend with pizza. That is how I explained the silence.

1 Like

Doesn’t that crummy Aussie broker of yours have a mobile platform??? LOL!!! What’s your problem.

Hey, that looks like a fantastic trip and what a vehicle to be driving. Have a good time.

Don’t worry, there will be pics.

I’m a professional, so I pace myself.

I will admit the app is pretty decent, it does the job.

Being someone who places the majority of trades and sits back, I have no need for a mobile app, its just another reason to keep opening it and checking every 5 mins.

I feel sorry for anyone that actually places trades via their mobile phone - they are asking for it.

1 Like

Thank you.

Latest positions.

current

Accidentally closed one.

Nice strategy, I wondering what is your average reward to risk ratio?

Yeh. Was only kidding. But I’m sure you got that.

Once the honeymoon with this business has passed they have their uses (mobile apps.).

Anyway. Enjoy your trip.

2 Likes

I don’t really have any ratios - that’s not my thing.

That’s like asking me how many slices do I want in my pizza.

Sometimes I’ll slice the pizza into 4 slices because I’m not hungry enough to eat 8.

My risk is usually 10%, in this case £1000 - the rewards depend, you have to look at it day by day, week by week. Things change and sometimes you have to take whats on the table and be happy.

1 Like