The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hello marketbreaker,

Do you ever stop for a break? I’ve noticed that you have done a lot of trades today, are you been a bit agressive? Tell me to mind my own business if you like :eek: its just I know a lot of the guys here at baby pips are following the system and they may think they are missing out every time you post a chart.

Kind regards,

Captain Currency

Nobody’s missed anything … except me!
Got stopped out of USD/JPY at breakeven.

Should probably stop for a break.

Yes, good idea, take a break - really

Kind Regards,

Captain currency

hello Daydreamer,

Where? :confused:

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency

Needed to do a double take here because I could
not see it originally either.

LOL - thanks, I ment to say what pair! I get it now - 2 hours too late :smiley:

Thanks daydreamer

Captain Currency.

LOL - thanks, I ment to say what pair! I get it now - 2 hours too late

That chart is GMT+3.

Hello Traders,

Any trades taken today from the 3 ducks? Eur.Usd a nice handy trade this am, never really got into trouble.

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency.

Hello all,

Looks like cable is getting pulled into the 4hr 60ama, it has’nt been under this in a few weeks. Maybe we will start to get sell signs on the pair when everything is lined up in the same direction.

1 Like

…cable shaping up and EUR/USD too perhaps…edit:…perhaps not!

Hello Traders,

Bit of a CHOPPY day today. I was almost counting the pips when usd.jpy gave a green light at 117.25. A few others gave a signal, but nothing special.
Earlier today sterling was getting a bit of pressure put on it, eur up a bit on sterling and the usd took a run down south against sterling, the move was short lived as support at 2.0275 and below held.

My first shot at the 3 ducks strategy, comments appreciated. Hae taken half at 1R and trailing the rest on a 5 min chart

hi tonymand,

Would you mind sharing how you trail on the 5min?..nice trade btw.

Sure, I am currently at the last retracement low. I might on occasion use the trendline or the last strong bull candle. Currently there is a consolidation and if we get above that I will move below it. This break looks strong so I am giving it some room and GY is moving up suggesting the pound is strong and driving this otherwise I might trail closer. This is my first trade using this method so still feeling my way a bit as I usually trade off 15 min charts. Having taken half as well always leaves me feeling reasonably relaxed! We do have key overhead supply in the 260 area and so I have my final take profit at 260. Have backtested this strategy on GU over the last 3 months and with some reasonably commonsense decisions I end up with about 2 trades a week and a win:loss of 19-4. Dont expect this to be as good in real life but it seems to me it augurs well and means that I am not in front of the computer all the time which I have been with other strategies I have been using

Thanks. Encouraging backtest results. Am I correct in thinking you [I]only[/I] take trades which are initially signalled from the [I]first[/I] breach of the 4hr 60ma, and don’t trade the dips as the trend unfolds?

No, but I do not take every signalled trade. Depends on my view of the strength of the uptrend and nearby supply areas
Stop now moved on this trade and given the strength of the break from consolidation have taken only a further quarter at my profit target and will see what happens if we are still in at the new york open

Hello Tony,

Great trade you got yourself involved in there. WELL DONE! I bet your RvR is good too.

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency.

Thanks Captain, glad I have understood the system. For others this is the overhead supply areas that has got me watching closely otherwise would let this run

We are now up about 100 pips for the day so I am keen to tighten the stop on what I see as bonus profits. Its the usual dilemma of letting it run versus not giving it back. No right or wrong just depends on your timeframe and overall strategy. This move is best defined by the trendline an so I am now using this for the remaining trade management. 2.0480 is the second fib extension for this move and I will exit the rest if we get there before a trendline break. At the very least one would expect a retrace and significant test of the 60 level and if it holds there may be other ways of getting back into this trade later. If not then 1R on the first half and 2R on the second (overall 1.5R) is about as good as it gets in my testing of this strategy so far using my approach. In fact my best result was an overall 2R

Help me Captain, those damn ducks are everywhere, is there a cure?