The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hello Duck Hunters and Happy Halloween,

Some currency pairs are a bit “directionless” lately so I’m sitting on my hands and not getting suckered into taking any 50/50 gambles with the market. We need an edge in the market to make a profit otherwise we are just gambling. The trend gives us an edge because in an uptrend price has a higher probability of going up at certain points and vice-versa for a down trend. You will often hear the trading cliché “price is KING!” That trading cliché is a load of BS. I would say that the TRADER who can correctly observe price is KING!. A dummy observing price is still a dummy. Rant over, [B][I]stay safe in the market.[/I][/B][B][I]

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Method;[/I][/B]

Eur.Usd – a bit 50/50 and I’m not interested in this pair for the moment.

Gbp.Usd - a bit 50/50 and I’m not interested in this pair for the moment.

Eur.Gbp - a bit 50/50 and I’m not interested in this pair for the moment.

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Aud.Usd - a bit 50/50 and I’m not interested in this pair for the moment.

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Aud.Cad - I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up.

Eur.Aud - Same as last week, a bit 50/50. Not interested in this pair at the moment.

Eur.Cad - I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up.

Usd.Jpy - Dollar coming back but I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up.
[B][I]

Hope that helps you, keep it simple, keep it logical![/I][/B]

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Method is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

What is your Win/Lose ratio with The 3 Duck’s Trading System?

The 3 ducks method is a set of guidelines, its not “hard system”.
Results, average winners, average losers, ratios will differ from trader to trader because entries, stop losses, exits, risk, reward will be the choice of each trader.

Good Morning All,

Some currency pairs are a still a bit “directionless” and 50/50 at the moment. So stay safe in these market conditions and don’t get suckered into a 50/50 gamble. Remember; No Trend, No Trade!

[B][I]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Method;[/I][/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – currently a bit 50/50, I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] - slightly better than Eur.Usd at the moment, I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] - retracement finished? I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Aud.Cad[/B] - I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Eur.Chf [/B]- I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B][I]Hope that helps you, keep it simple, keep it logical![/I][/B]

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Method is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

actually, any good system must work like this. Because fixed (non fuzzy) logic will in any case one day fall.

Happy Thanksgiving to you if you celebrate it. A few traders have asked me if I will trade on Thanksgiving, the simple answer is “show me the charts” if there is a decent 3 ducks trade lining up I will take it, if not I will sit on my hands.

[B][I]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Method;[/I][/B]

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Gbp.Usd - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Gbp - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Aud.Usd - I always prefer to be buying the Aussie Dollar but the chart never lies! I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Cad - A break and hold above 1.0264 would be nice! I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Jpy - I would still prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

Hello all,

The whole Irish financial situation and bailout from Europe is not helping the Euro against some pairs. But it’s not all bad news as there are some nice trading opportunities to sell the Eur.Usd or Eur.Gbp when our 3 ducks line up.

Eur.Usd – same as last week, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Gbp.Usd - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Gbp - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Aud.Usd - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Jpy - I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

PS Don’t forget this Friday is The Non-Farm Employment Change, stay safe in the market.

Morning all,

It looks like the major news last Friday has buckled and potentially broke some of the 240 min trends out there. That’s OK, large fundamentals are allowed to break the 240 min trends. The 240 chart always gives us a good indication of what the currency pair is really doing, is the currency pair going up, going down or going sideways? and that’s a reason why we look at the 240 min chart on step number one of The 3 Ducks Trading System. We want to get the direction CORRECT!

Eur.Usd – I would still prefer to be looking for selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

Gbp.Usd - The pound is currently stronger than the Eur but I would still prefer to be looking for selling opportunities against the Usd if/when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Gbp - Pound is stronger, price has been below the 240min sma and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Chf - The big sell off in the last few sessions has pushed the price below the 240min sma. I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Aud.Usd - Good to see the Aussie going up again and back above the 240min sma. I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Jpy - With the big sell off last Friday I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Aud - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

Hello all,

It’s that time of year again and I just wanted to say CHEERS. I Hope you and your family have wonderful Holiday and A Happy New Year.

Speak soon,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

[B][I]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;
[/I][/B]
Eur.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Gbp.Usd - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Eur.Gbp - Euro has been stronger against the pound and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Usd.Chf - I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Aud.Usd - A couple of hundred pips sell off over the last few days. Using caution here so a wait and see approach for the moment until I see a bit more movement and to see if the recent uptrend has changed to a downtrend.

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Usd.Jpy - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B][I]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/I][/B]

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas

[B][I]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;[/I][/B]

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Gbp.Usd – A wee bit choppy lately, cautious - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Eur.Gbp - Pound has been stronger against the Euro since the start of 2011. I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Aud.Usd - Cautious with this pair for the moment so a wait and see approach is the safest bet for me.

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Usd.Jpy - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B][I]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/I][/B]

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

GBP/USD trade worked out real good! i got in at 1.57159 made about 50 pips and got out. I had a 35 pip stoploss plus spread so about 37 pips or so, and no predifned tp…this was my first time trying this system so i just wanted to let my profit run…and run it did. I probably could of stayed in longer but i’m happy with my 50 pips :slight_smile: Its funny, i just read this thread for the first time 45 mins ago…very sweet indeed!

If you’re seeking an uncomplicated, straightforward price action based strategy then you’ve stumbled into the right thread.
It follows common sense principles & offers some excellent opportunities.

I’m sure you don’t need me to point it out, but had you spotted it a little earlier you’d have bagged your entry around the 1.5685 level, offering you an even keener priced deal than you managed to obtain.

This thread doesn’t really generate a lot of noise or hullabaloo, but if you’re a plodder & not prone to over excitement it’ll get the job done nicely.

1 Like

businessman9821,

If you’re using the MT4 platform look back to post #145 for the “3 ducks alert”. It’s a nice simple alert that tracks 4 or 5 pairs. You might want to take a look and try it. :slight_smile:

good luck with the ducks!

DoubleEcho thank you for the welcome! It feels like i’ve stumbled unto a hidden gem, i’ll take this quiet humble thread over any exciting thread/postings lol. And yes i did see where if i had read this thread a couple hours earlier i could have done even better…unbelievable how simple these guidelines are!

D-pip thank you for the recommendation! I will definitely take a look at that! And thank bro, good luck to you also! I’m really liking the Ducks!

I’m currently waiting for the ducks to line up on the USD/CAD, looking for a sell. i think its going to be a big breakout soon!

Right now for UsdJpy

H4 is above sma
H1 is below sma
M5 is above sma

If M5 keeps trending up, H1 is going to break the sma and will start trending up too. In that case, do we enter immediately when H1 also starts floating above H1 (all 3 ducks line up) or do we wait for M5 to go below and re-enter (post retracement)

Thanks!

Hi Captain
I remember following you back in 2007, i really liked your system, but then it seemed like it was kinda slowing down.
It looks like a lot of people like your system.
What have you changed over the years ?
Can you show your profits and loses on a graph and drawdown.
Wondering how everyone is doing with your system.
Hope things is going good for you.
Happy trading

1 Like

One option he talks about within the thread is taking an entry on the 5 minute timeframe above or below a clearly identifiable swing level once the 4 & 1 hour timeframes confirm a positive directional move.

Just think about what this method is encouraging you look for & adopt.

Once the price flow has clicked into place via the order of seniority (4&1hour timeframes), you then look for a clear structured ascent/descent through the swing levels on the lower timeframe chart.

Some traders will enter via pullbacks in the peak-trough cycle, others might wait for a breach of a new high or low on the 5 minute before entering.

He does clearly state these guidelines are to be used in tandem with your own preferred methods of entry & trade management.
As long as prices are continuing to honor the basic rules (trading above or below all 3 averages on their respective timeframes), you can use whatever entry trigger you prefer