The 3 Duck's Trading System

Common sense is a paradox. If common sense is so “common” then 90% (?) traders wouldn’t lose since they apply the same sense.

So don’t follow the sense of 90% but apply the sense of winning 10%

Follow the trend but do not follow the herd. How contradictory is that?

Let The 3 Ducks tell you If The Bulls or The Bears are in control.

[B][I]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;[/I][/B]

Eur.Usd – Bulls look like they want control! A break and hold above 1.3505 would get me bullish and looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Gbp.Usd – No confusion here, I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Gbp - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Chf - Cautious with this pair for the moment so sitting on my hands is the safest approach

Aud.Usd – I like it when the Aussie Bulls have control and they look like they are fighting for control at the moment. I would be looking for buying opportunities when if/my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Cad – I’m still would be looking for selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Jpy – A bit 50/50 at the moment so a wait and see approach is the safest bet

[B][I]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/I][/B]

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Good Trading to you for the rest of the week.

[B][I]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;[/I][/B]

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Gbp.Usd – I would prefer to be looking for the buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Gbp – Euro is stronger than GBP and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Chf – I would be looking for selling opportunities /when my 3 ducks line up

Aud.Usd – A bit 50/50 at the moment, it really needs to get above 1.0075 to get me interested and looking for the buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Cad – A bit 50/50 at the moment and if you’re guessing you’re gambling! so no trade for me

Usd.Jpy – I would be looking for selling opportunities /when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Jpy - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B][I]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/I][/B]

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Hello Captain Currency & everyone,

I have been trading now for a few months only. I do like your 3duck method, very good indeed.
Are you all long euro, do you think she will fly to 1.4 area or pullback hard at next resistance- 3785 perhaps?

Looking forward to joining you all on this sometimes impossible journey!

Hi Andy.

I know you offer a one on one training course on advanced 3 ducks method. But can you consider a webinar on the basic method? Maybe you can record the webinar and post it on your blog too. This will help us grasp the method and build more confidence on people who are on the edge to take the advanced course too.

Thanks and keep up the good work. Maybe when I earn enough from my trading I will take the 1on1. Looking forward to that :slight_smile:

According to the 4&1 hour pieces of the jigsaw they are & will continue to be until some get knocked out underneath 1.3650 & a few more throw in the towel on a drop below 1.3570.

Fresh longs won’t begin to get interested until prices move back above the average on the 5 minute chart & clear the most recent swing high (of today) at 1.3720.

If you decide to use all or part of this method & similar strategies to trade the market then you won’t need to concern yourself with how far it’ll run, how fast it’ll get there or when it will turn & bite you.
Once you get your entry, set your stop loss & put the trade management part of your plan to work, the natural rhythm of the market will do the rest.

Good Morning Duck Hunters,

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for the buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Chf – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Cad – A bit 50/50 at the moment. No Trend, No Trade! and if you’re guessing you’re gambling!

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

Many thanks, DoubleEcho.

Ok. Captain is looking for the next buy long on eur/usd when his three ducks line up.

At the moment the 1hr duck is above 60sma and we are waiting for the 4hr duck, which nearly got there today, to pass/close above the 60sma (do we wait till it ‘starts trading above’) or do we simply wait for it to close and then wait for the 5m duck to signal entry? What if the 5m duck has already signalled and is trading above the 60sma already, do we enter anyway (because all our ducks have lined up, i.e. all above) or do we wait for the 5m duck to come back down first.

Thanks guys.

Hello all,

A few currency pairs are a bit 50/50 at the moment. So never ever, ever GUESS what the market is going to do next, if you’re guessing, you’re gambling and probably losing money or giving back your winnings in a choppy 50/50 market. Get control and use the 3Ducks to correctly observe trends, hold on to your winnings and avoid been suckered into a 50/50 gamble trade.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Gbp.Usd – A bit 50/50 at the moment so a wait and see approach is the safest bet

Eur.Gbp - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Aud.Usd – A bit directionless over the past few weeks so a wait and see approach here. Let the 3 ducks tell you what it’s doing. Remember; If you’re guessing, you’re gambling!

Usd.Cad – Another 50/50 currency pair at the moment so a wait and see approach

Usd.Jpy – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus!

Best wishes,
Andy

"The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. "

That’s the hard part - discretion…

Nobody ever said it was easy, which is why so few make decent, consistent money from trading.

However, if you’re using the unambiguous framework he lays down as your selection criteria the only discretion left is your choice of entry set-up, trade management & exit preference.
And those elements will directly reflect your attitude to risk & how short or medium term your views are.

Greetings Traders,

[B][I]
Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;[/I][/B]

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Gbp – 50/50 at the moment so a wait and see approach for me

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Aud.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Cad – Another 50/50 currency pair at the moment so a wait and see approach for me

Usd.Jpy – I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

[B][I]
Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/I][/B]

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

Can someone explain how to trade today’s EUR/USD. All the ducks line up. It looks like a great day. Am I wrong?

What does it say about entries & trade management on the 1st page of the thread in Step 3 – Third Duck?

Trading into today’s action, if you look left the last clear swing on the 5 minute chart was recorded yesterday into the days close at 1.3800.

So if prices are ticking above the 60sma on the 5 minute & price trades above 1.3800 you enter.
You then decide how you can match up your preferred risk option with the last higher low swing level underneath that level & place your stop.

That’s the official stance as described on page 1 anyway. But as he recommends, you’re free to make that part of it your own & tailor it to suit the conditions, your risk attitude, trading style & profit objectives.

Thanks DoubleEcho

You make it very clear. After your explanation it’s looks like a dumb question. But I learned from it.

Thanks again

I’m slowly learning. I bought the GBP/$ this N.Y. morning and was up a little over 20 pips and then saw it reverse so that I only got +4. I had moved the SL to BE +4. What I didn’t do was look at the D. & W. TFs - too close to D resistance and I should have looked at another pr. Moving the SL to the 50SMA on the 5M would have got 4 more pips. A ways to go but a very simple strategy. d

Some nice moves out there

Eur.Usd – Bulls in control, I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Gbp – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Chf – Bears in control, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Aud.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Cad – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Jpy – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Jpy – Two bullish currencies going head to head which makes it very 50/50, so no trading opportunities for me on this pair

Best wishes,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. __________________

Good morning Duck Hunters,

During some periods a currency pair can be going sideways or a swing/trend maybe potentially coming to an end. During these periods a trader needs to take control and employ a “wait and see” approach rather than jumping in and getting suckered into a 50/50 gamble with a currency pair.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;

Eur.Usd – A wait and see approach here, a break and hold above 1.3988 is needed to get me interested and looking for the buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

Gbp.Usd – A wait and see approach here, a break and hold above 1.6250 is needed to get me interested and looking for the buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Gbp – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Chf – Bulls looking to take control on this pair, will we see the bears putting up a fight? A wait and see approach here. A break and hold above 0.9370 would get me bullish and looking for the buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up. A move back below 0.9257 would get me bearish and looking for the selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

Aud.Usd – A bit 50/50 at the moment so I would not be looking to trade this pair for the moment. I’m not going to get suckered into a 50/50 gamble on this pair

Usd.Cad – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Usd.Jpy – A wait and see approach here. A break and hold above 83.06 is needed to get me interested and looking for the buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up. A move back below 81.94 would get me bearish and looking for the selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up

Eur.Jpy – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus!

Best wishes,
Andy

okay, Captain Curr,

I’m not totally sold yet, doing just nano lots right now. However, I did two (5)nano lot trades today on the duck system in the aud/usd pair and they did both win easy. I watched and waited for the 1 hour and 4 hour were cool. Then when the 5 minute hit, I jumped in. Not sure if that is exactly the way I should do it, but both paid. I stayed with my second longer than I wanted, because I get hit with a triple swap Wednesday and even that paid out. I will tell you this though, I was a little tickled that this worked so easy. I definitely have some fine tuning to do, but this is pretty cool.

I am definitely a noob, so maybe I got lucky. I’ll continue to trade this with tiny lots though till I trust it completely. As all others, thank you for keying us into it.

cheers!,

fi

I just entered a Buy Stop for the $/Y @ 82.10. I want to see the pair go above the big pschy number of 83.00. I have been using a 30 pip SL & TP which seems to work pretty well. Like fihunts I’m demoing this for the time being but will use a funded acct come April assuming I am successful with this strat. I have not done well for trades I set up during the US evening before bedtime and then let run overnight. The Asian session seems too unpredictable and then the London can have big news happening so I wait until dawn breaks in the US. I am a little early today, normally I would wait for the 7am candle on the 4H chart.