The 3 Duck's Trading System

bagged 20 pips on the AUDUSD, got a pending order on the EURJPY now at 136.33 for a long

Got a total of 120 pips on the EURJPY today. See what we get next week!

Who else on here is trading 3 ducks regularly? I know Iā€™m not the only one :slight_smile:

iā€™m using the concept to trade intraday and it makes selecting pairs/direction at the beginning of the session very easy. it has taken much stress and confusion out of trading

Good to hear pips ahoy! Iā€™ll be on here regularly posting up my trades and talking in the forums.

Not to bring up old news, but reading pages back, seems people were having trouble with this system. The best way IMO to trade it is to keep to the rules that captain provided. Snowball does great with his modified way and thatā€™s totally cool man, more power to ya! But if youā€™re learning the system stick to the rules provided for now Iā€™d say. I saw debate on the 50 pip stop loss and open TP. I too use that method, because if i get 2 losers even if they both hit the 50 pip SL, which doesnā€™t happen all that often. The winner you let run with a open position can equal hundreds of pips in one trade to blow away all those losers. ALWAYS look as far right as you can for a entry point, donā€™t concentrate much on the left side for entry. If the 5M chart is noisy as hell which it does happen more than Iā€™d like, stick to the 1H chart to find your entry. Iā€™d recommend for higher quality trades, take positions on the trades that are starting a new cross over the 5m chart. If youā€™re shorting and 4h and 1h chart line up if 5m chart is still above thr sma thats good, find a entry that lines up the 3rd duck with the first 2 and that takes a posit on that would naturally be more profitable, than if all 3 ducks were lined up from the start. This is my 2 cents Iā€™m not trying to say anyone is wrong or trading wrong. This is how i found the system works best for me. Its all part of the original 3 ducks, just stronger quality control. Iā€™ll be posting my trades like i said, and we can follow me as well as everyone else on here. :slight_smile:

Happy trading folks!

Jason

Not to bring up old news, but reading pages back, seems people were having trouble with this system. The best way IMO to trade it is to keep to the rules that captain provided. Snowball does great with his modified way and thatā€™s totally cool man, more power to ya! But if youā€™re learning the system stick to the rules provided for now Iā€™d say. I saw debate on the 50 pip stop loss and open TP. I too use that method, because if i get 2 losers even if they both hit the 50 pip SL, which doesnā€™t happen all that often. The winner you let run with a open position can equal hundreds of pips in one trade to blow away all those losers. ALWAYS look as far right as you can for a entry point, donā€™t concentrate much on the left side for entry. If the 5M chart is noisy as hell which it does happen more than Iā€™d like, stick to the 1H chart to find your entry. Iā€™d recommend for higher quality trades, take positions on the trades that are starting a new cross over the 5m chart. If youā€™re shorting and 4h and 1h chart line up if 5m chart is still above thr sma thats good, find a entry that lines up the 3rd duck with the first 2 and that takes a posit on that would naturally be more profitable, than if all 3 ducks were lined up from the start. This is my 2 cents Iā€™m not trying to say anyone is wrong or trading wrong. This is how i found the system works best for me. Its all part of the original 3 ducks, just stronger quality control. Iā€™ll be posting my trades like i said, and we can follow me as well as everyone else on here. :slight_smile:

Happy trading folks!

Jason

Hi there!

This is my first post in this very forum. I recently started demo-trading the forex and read about the 3 ducks last week. I decided to demo-trade this in August and see how it goes. After the USDCAD broke a significant resistance @1.3100, my first pending order got triggered last night at 1:40 am GMT+1. T/P is set to the next bigger resistance around 1.3322. Will see, if we get there.

Anybody else long on the USDCAD?

P.S: Excuse the weak image quality, but I cannot include external image links yet and the internal image handler seems to shrink the images a lot.

AudUsd looks a good short, ive been in since late last week and its dropping nicely

Ok Iā€™m gonna go sit on the naughty connor :confused: I traded on a sunday and went against the 4h ema thinking I was cool and lost 50 pips on the EURUSD long, my fault! Looking at EURJPY long now at 136.30, anyone agree?

Personally, I wouldnt go for the EURJPY right now. It looks a bit choppy + on H4 I see a bullish triangle with a resistance around 137.100.

Long on EUR/JPY? H1 and H4 are both below the SMA, why would you look for a long entry?

Thatā€™s a low probability play at the moment compared to others.
Whatā€™s wrong with shorting Canadian Dollar over the past 2 or 3 weeks?

Oil has been slipping during that period & itā€™s been reflected in the deteriorating price of CAD versus a selection of other regional currencies, providing a much higher probability trade opportunity.

I think it is really how you trade ( technical or fundamental)

This approach has very clearly defined entry guidelines.
Throughout the thread Andy & other experienced posters have constantly advised & encouraged people to ensure prices are exhibiting higher probability follow through potential before considering an entry.

That means as a bare minimum, prices [U]trending[/U] above or below both the 4 & 1 hour moving average. At the time he posted that EUR/JPY comment on Monday prices were doing neither & as jandk mentioned, it was very obviously choppy, especially on the 60 minute chart.

That scenario was a very low probability opportunity in anyoneā€™s book.
Itā€™s not difficult to see why most people struggle with trading when they canā€™t even follow basic rules & guidelines.

True, and btw, the EURJPY now left the triangle heading south. If it doesnā€™t recover weā€™ll might see it around 134.40 or even 133.50 soon.

Long on GbpNzd is all lined up, plus likely good UK on super Thursday should give an extra push

Where will you place your entry, SL and TP?

Where you place the entry varies on when you look at the chart, Iā€™m already in.
SL and TP is up to you but should fit in with your trading strategy and personal risk aversion & money management.
I dont have a SL, this pair can move 600 pips in a day so I give it room to move - not suggesting you do this, its just what I do

I know, I know, but I was curious how you handle things.

Thanks, thatā€™s what I wanted to know. :45: I usually place stops based on S/R levels and the ATR.