The 3 Duck's Trading System

This pair has a resistance level ar 2.4000, its just tested it again (4th or 5th time)
I’m expecting it to break thru tonight in anticipation of Super Thursday and if Thursdays announcement is positive it could fly several hundred pips

I’ve got a pending order waiting around 2.4500.

Greetings Duck Hunters,

I know you’s won’t but don’t forget tomorrow, Fri (7) is Non Farm Payrolls.

If you do have any open positions (in profit) pre-nfp you might want to push the stop-loss up to break even at a minimum, otherwise bale out of the position and bank your profits!

Safe trading,

Andy
Captain Currency

Hey guys how’s it going?
I took a long on USDCAD after my pending order was hit at 1.3111, not looking to make a ton of pips on this one, want to get to the high of the D1 chart though. Price is coming out of the 61.8% fib zone on the 4h swing high and low, all 3 ducks lined up too! So lets see!

Keep the peace :64:
Happy trading

Jason :41:

Tis going good Jay, trends seem to be having a tricky time recently, lets see how the rest of Aug develops!

Andy
Captain Currency
:41:

Agreed andy, I locked away 30 pips with the cad, but lost 50 :confused: its at a new top right now with that 1.3200 level giving it a strong resistance. I should’ve waited!

Hey all,

Heads up for the GBPUSD breakout. Looks like it wants to break the recent range to the upside. Plenty of higher lows there indicating buying pressure.

Should give a nice move after all this coiling.

4hr SMA starting to point up as well.

By the way, here’s also the reason why I don’t like to trade during the summer doldrums, or any other traditionally slow period such as Xmas.

Over the past 2 months practically, we’ve been stuck in this rectangle with price going nowhere. Lots of fakeouts, with random moves and large spikes due to pockets in liquidity. The worse environment for trend-traders.

During such periods, it is actually better to take some time off trading rather than try to gain a few pips here and there. Keeping your account balance intact makes better business sense than trying to catch some pips, and suffering drawdowns in thin markets in the process.

One of my biggest challenges is sitting on my hands when there’s no trade, instead of trying to be “smart” and forcing one. A work in progress, this one.

Glad to see you again, appreciate your comments.

I was curios how on woild enter if the 4h 1h and 5 minute are already under the 60 do yo wait for a recross up through the 60 in 5 minute then a cross down or a retrace to the 60 in the 5 minute and a break of the lows?

Entering late, after you have missed the first entry opportunity, does [B]not[/B] involve a retrace [B]to[/B] or [B]through[/B] the 60 SMA.

Have you read the section titled “Did You Miss the Move?” on page 8 of [I][B]The 3 Ducks Trading System,[/B][/I] Andy Perry’s free e-book? The answer to your question is there.

I’ll give it to you here:

In the short-trade scenario you have described, in which you missed the first opportunity to enter short, you would enter [B]after[/B] —

(1) price (on the 5-minute chart) forms a short-term (5-candle) low

(2) price retraces (upward)

— the extent of the retracement is not important, as long as the 5-candle low is fully formed

(3) price resumes its down-move, moving below the most recent short-term low

— you do not have to wait for the candle to close below that low

Got some nice trends starting to form hopefully, and hopefully get some 3 duck’s trades in! :43:

Happy trading

Jason :41:

[QUOTE=“eddieb;714947”]This pair has a resistance level ar 2.4000, its just tested it again (4th or 5th time) I’m expecting it to break thru tonight in anticipation of Super Thursday and if Thursdays announcement is positive it could fly several hundred pips[/QUOTE]
Hi.
Just wondered how this trade panned out?
Cos it bombed after hitting 2.4000.
Did you stay in till the next week or take a little profit before it fell?
Just curious, as you must have balls of steel not to have s stop loss!

I closed that trade at 2.43432 last week (24th)
Its been a really good earner over the last few months, but you have to sit tight.
Currently long again, 200 pips down :slight_smile:

Hi guys, i am testing this strategy and i’d like to ask something.

If we miss the opportunity for example for a Short trend could it be a good idea to insert the stochastic and wait it to go in overbought (when trending down) or oversold (when trending up) to make an entry in the direction of the trend?

I’d like to hear your opinion about using the stochastic or a better indicator to catch the trend resumption.

Bye.

hi guys i just read through the first page of this thread and the last one here and i understand there’s a pdf file on this trading system?

This system on page 1 is pretty simple just bring up a 60sma and look at it on the 4hr, 1hr and 5 min charts.

If price is below these time frames sell, if above buy and when price crosses the 5 min that’s when you either buy or sell. In my case of testing since price has already crossed the sma on all time periods i simply just bought or sell near the current price. Is that ok?

Is there anything else new that was added in?

The previous question (HERE) and answer (HERE) concern missing a potential entry on the 5-minute chart — [B]not[/B] missing the trend.

In the 3 Ducks methodology, we identify the trend on the 4-hour chart. We confirm it on the 1-hour chart. And we look for a suitable entry on the 5-minute chart.

If you spend some time watching how price moves on these three time frames, with respect to their 60-period SMA’s, you will see that typically price oscillates around the 60 SMA on the 5-minute chart, [B]while the trend remains intact on the 4-hour chart.[/B]

So, when a potential entry is missed on the 5-minute chart, the methodology provides a way to grab a second (or even a third) potential entry [B]into the same, existing trend.[/B]

Therefore, “trend resumption”, which you referred to, is not an issue here. The section of Andy’s e-book titled “Did You Miss the Move?” refers to missing the first available entry on the 5-minute chart — not to missing the entire trend on the 4-hour chart.

• • -

As for the stochastic indicator, or any other indicator, Andy’s methodology does not employ any of these.

The only indicator used in [I]The 3 Ducks Trading System[/I] is the 60-period simple moving average (SMA), applied to all three charts. That’s it. Period. If you want to test Andy’s system, and become proficient with it, then you should use it as it was designed.

On the other hand, if you think that you are qualified to invent some variation of Andy’s system, go for it. But, admit the fact that you have veered away from [I]The 3 Ducks Trading System.[/I]

I’m assuming that you already have studied Andy’s e-book. If I’m wrong about that, get your hands on a copy right away, and go through it (at least twice).

Instructions for requesting the e-book can be found here — 301 Moved Permanently

Andy emphasises the need to make the system your own.

It’s a momentum catcher, created many years ago, Andy didn’t ever claim to create it, but he has done one brilliant job of making it understood, so to understand the thinking behind momentum just download the PDF, and have no worries about giving your email, there is not one of his infrequent mails that I have not enjoyed.

There’s an established thread discussing that very topic & subject matter here 301 Moved Permanently

It uses the concept of multi-timeframe structure (such as 3 Ducks) with the inclusion of stochastic for timing an additional entry (pullback) option.