The 3 Duck's Trading System

G’day Captain,

Thanks as well for emailing me the system. I’m going to dedicate the next 3 weeks to the Ducks and I will post my results as I go along and I’m hoping once and for all that I have found a system that I can marry… and have lots of pips with ; )

Hello Duck Hunters,

[B][I]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.[/I][/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – A good solid 4 hour up trend for the last couple of weeks and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – A break and hold above 1. 6437 is needed to get me bullish and looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – Eur is stronger than Gbp at the moment and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – Another solid 4 hour down trend and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – A bit 50/50 at the moment so I’m on the sidelines with this pair for the moment

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – Another 50/50 currency pair and I’m on the sidelines with this pair for the moment

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B][I]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/I][/B]

Best wishes with your trading,
[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Hello Duck Hunters,

[B][I]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.
(June 22nd 2011)[/I][/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – A move below 1.4314 would get me bearish and looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – A break and hold above 0.8884 would get me bullish. A move back below 0.8820 would bearish and looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – A break and hold below 0.8400 could see bears back in control and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – Still a bit 50/50 at the moment, 1.0568 needs to be broken to get a bit of downwards momentum going IMO

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – Another 50/50 currency pair and I’m on the sidelines with this pair for the moment

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – Yet again another 50/50 currency pair and I’m on the sidelines with this pair for the moment

[B]Eur.Jpy [/B]– I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities. A break and hold below 114.78 would get me bearish and looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B][I]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/I][/B]

[B][I]Best wishes with your trading,
Andy[/I][/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Hello Duck Hunters,

[B][I]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.[/I][/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – A break and hold above 1.4444 would get me bullish. A move back below 1.4235 would get me bearish and looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – It needs to get into the 1.5950 area and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – Eur is currently stronger than Gbp and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. Trading Idea; a pending order “set & forget” could be set up to sell below 0.8295 with a 50 pip stop-loss and a profit target at 0.8210

[B]Aud.Usd [/B]– A break and hold above 1.0600 would get me bullish and looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – A break and hold below 0.9770 would get me bearish and looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – A wait and see approach with this pair as it’s stuck in a bit of a range, 117.90 been the top of the range and 113.50 been the bottom of the range

Andy.[/I][/B]

After your reply to me on the Professional Traders thread I searched your post history & it led me to take a look at this thread. What I find refreshing & pleasantly surprising is that it has no confusing rules or complicated analysis to perform.

I hope I’m not missing something obvious here, but even though it’s completely logical it appears too simple.
I do like the fact it can be tweaked to suit personal styles without affecting the main aim of the method, as per your reply to grab pips on page 25.

I’ve spent the last couple of days toggling back & forth through a sample of pairs that Andy regularly updates to check whether it would be detrimental to omit the 4 hour confirmation, as per your post, but haven’t really found many instances where that’s the case.

I do however appreciate it’s a complete package & should therefore be viewed & traded as such.
I’ve had a quick look at the Technical Templates Continued thread you also recommended & plan to check it out in more detail next week.

Thanks
kyle.

You’re not missing anything.
It’s encouraging you do exactly what it say’s on the tin - engage the flows via the secondary (5min) timeframe chart when confirmed by the primary (4&1hour) charts.

You continue to trade that view until the momentum dies & breaks through the average on the 1hour chart in the opposite direction.
Rinse & repeat.

Sure, there are subtle improvisations you can make to suit your individual style.
In fact he encourages folk to use the basic set up as a general guide & drop your own entry, risk & trade management parameters into the framework.

That thread is the 3rd of 3, but to be honest it covers the main points of the other 2 & pulls the concept together pretty well.
You’ll find very close similarities between both pieces of work.

It focuses more on technically significant levels & zones, but the bottom line is to locate & identify a bias or trend. You then seek to buy dips/sell rallies into the momentum using the pairs average range percentages & previous support & resistance zones as guides in determining entry & trade management objectives.

If you’re curious about how support & resistance can add another dimension to your trading or looking to incorporate a little more additional hardware to your arsenal, you’ll be hard pressed to locate a better collection of work detailing the finer points of that method of technical analysis anywhere within the public trading forum network.

I’ve taken my time to slowly work through the Technical Template thread this week & you’re right, the two methods do share a common theme.
That thread provided a couple of very promising entry techniques & additional price action prompters that I’ll definitely look to incorporate into my plan when using this method as a trading base.
The 60 minute (2 ducks) confirmation once again kept me the right side of the eur/usd trend for virtually the whole week whilst continuing to demo trade it. I note price is now finding resistance at the moving average during this mornings price action & has temporarily at least, failed to confirm a further move lower by attempting to put a higher low in place.

Thank you once again for your help so far. I would certainly be appreciative of any other quality recommendations you might wish to add to these two impressive threads.

No surprises there then :slight_smile:

You’ll obviously discover via your own observations that when prices begin moving cleanly through the levels it will leave clear higher high/higher low footprints going north & clear lower low & lower high footprints going south.

The moving average will follow along sloping obediently, shining the path for you & those are the behavior traits that you want to see playing out to obtain the higher odds opportunities when trading this style.
If the average is intertwining the price action & no clearly defined trend behavior is in evidence on that timeframe, that’s the time to step back & sit on hands.

Yeah, [I][U]attempting to[/U][/I] being the key phrase in that paragraph.

If price fails to make a determined push through the [U]last high[/U] on that timeframe (in this instance, yesterdays high of 1.4375) then as long as you get a valid green light from your 5 and/or 15 minute trigger chart/s & the risk is acceptable, you can take another short either at the 5 min hook, up at the european open of 1.4350 or the low of the Tokyo session through 1.4330, providing of course there’s sufficient & acceptable mileage left in the average days range tank.

But again, that will all click into place the more familiar you become with how the price action interacts with your chosen tools & method.

You got everything you’ll need to track & trail this market right here in these 2 threads.

This thread gives you a nudge in interpreting the markets directional bias. The other thread adds one or two logical features & benefits whilst providing a couple of perfectly adequate & acceptable triggers to get you aboard.

Hello all,

[B][I]I Hope This Helps You. Here Is My Current View For Today, July 13th 2011 at approx 8:30am Dublin Time On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.[/I][/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – Big sell off over the last few days and I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – If it gets below the 1.5900 area I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – Gbp is currently stronger than Euro and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – A bit choppy recently on the swing time frames. Looks like the bottom of the range is at 0.8275 and the top of the range is at 0.8550. Any price movement between these two levels is just 50/50 range movement IMO. A break and hold below 0.8275 would get me bearish again on this pair and looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – A break and hold above the 1.0700 area would get me bullish and looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Andy.[/I][/B]

Hello Duck Hunters,

[B][I]I Hope This Helps You. Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.[/I][/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold above 1.4285 would get me neutral.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – Fairly flat and not a pair I have been trading over the last +5 days. A break and hold above 1.6190 would get me bullish and looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below 1.6100 would get me bearish and looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – Gbp is currently stronger than Euro and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. The bears need a move back below 0.8755 and this could be a decent place to look for selling opportunities.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – I would prefer to be a seller. If it gets back below the 0.8163 area I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – A bit choppy recently on the swing time frames. Looks like the bottom of the range is at 1.0522 and the top of the range is at 1.0790. A break and hold above 1.0790 would get me bullish again on this pair and looking for the buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Andy[/I][/B]

[B]I Hope This Helps You.

Here Is My Current View For Today, July 27th 2011 at approx 8:30am Dublin Time On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.[/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – We broke above the 1.4285 area I spoke about last week and I would now be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – We broke above the 1.6190 area I spoke about last week and I would now be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – Both the Eur and Gbp are currently strong, probably equally strong so there is no real movement from bulls or bears on the Eur.Gbp pair. I would not be interested in trading this pair at the moment.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – We broke below the 0.8163 area I spoke about last week and I would now be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – Last week I said “A break and hold above 1.0790 would get me bullish again on this pair and looking for the buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.” We are currently up at 1.1075 and It’s been all one way movement in the last week, UP! I would still be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – I’m a bit neutral on this pair at the moment. A break and hold above the 113.56 area would get me bullish and looking for the buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 111.42 area would get me bearish and looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/B]

[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

your 3 duck’s is interested…, i like it…i trade 3 years and i like to see some good system…
did you have open all 8 pairs at the same time? 3 duck’s time frame? or just trade 1 on the day?

lp

[B]I Hope This Helps You.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.
August 3rd 2011 at approx 11:30am Dublin Time.[/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – Not one of the best pairs to trade at the moment, Gbp is currently a bit stronger than the Euro.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – Same as last week, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – A big pull back within the uptrend in the last few days has me cautious and on the sidelines. A break and hold above the 1.0900 area would get me bullish again and looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – A break and hold above the 0.9645 area would get me looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/B]

[I][B]Andy[/B][/I]

[B][I]I Hope This Helps You.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.
August 10th 2011 at approx 1pm Dublin Time[/I][/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – A bit choppy over the last 5 days but I would still prefer to be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – Very choppy over the last 5 days. A break and hold below the 1.6175 area would get me bearish and looking for selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – Euro is currently stronger than the Gbp. I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – Same as last week, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – Bears have more control and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – I said last week that a break and hold above the 0.9645 area would get me looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. We are currently at 0.9840 and I would still be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold above the 0.9885 is needed first.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B][I]Andy[/I][/B]

Hi Andy,
Great system. Great knowledge…Forward test is on…getting 95% winners.
My observation this morning…Aud/Nzd below 60 sma on 4hr/1hr. On 5min chart its above 60 sma. waiting for cross down…
let us see…I will post further result…

Thanks ,
Sharad

Hi d-pip,

I am testing this method/guidelines on demo. acc., I read about 3-duck alert , a sort of e.a. I suppose. Can I have copy of it please. I have downloaded it from blog No. 145 but I could not open the file. I think some technical trouble. I would appreciate anybody having it and do supply me here on the blog.

Thanks.
Sharad
New Zealand

Here is the result :- at about 2.30 pm (nz time) got cross- down on M5. Entered…and at about 2.53 pm got 10 pips and got out manually…trend is still in favour but out of joy,I got out with 10 pips…nice trade.

Good entry set up this morning (New zealand) for Eur/Usd and GBP/Usd. on both pair price above 60sma on 4hr/1hr. and on 5min chart…j…u…s…t… crossed …and I entered (buy ) on both pairs …let us see what happens…next.

Sharad,

The three duck indicator in post #145 is not a file you open. Place it in your indicators folder, then close and reopen your MT4 platform. Then drag the indicator to a chart and it will display the three time frames for you for what ever pairs you want.

Thank you my friend…I have done as you directed…it is running now.

Thanks a lot.