The 3 Duck's Trading System

I checked Today…Gbp/usd… gave me 40 pips. closed that trade. On Euro/usd…I missed positive gain ( yesterday ) as I was away and I don’t put s/l. or t/p. its my style…still running negative. Another pair which I traded yesterday on 3 duck set up was USD/CHF which gave me +98 pips today… I love 3 duck guidelines…which really works nice…Thanks Captain.

sharad,

I’m glad ejohnston5 was able to help you get the three ducks alert loaded.

As I read some of your posts it sounds like you’re from New Zealand. The alert as written does not show any NZD pairs, only EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, GBPJPY and EURJPY.

If you’re up for a little adventure you might want to try to edit the alert code and add some NZD pairs.

Within MetaTrader 4 under the “Tool” tab you will find the MetaQuotes Language Editor. Open that and look for and open the 3 ducks alert.mq4 file.

On the 6th line down you will see the pairs the alert works with.

[I]extern string allsymbol = “EURUSD,GBPUSD,AUDUSD,GBPJPY,EURJPY”; // all symbols, comma separated[/I]

You can add pairs to that list, save the file with a different name ie: 3 ducks alert ver-2.mq4. Then close down the MetaTrader Platform and restart it. You should now be able to load the “3 ducks alert ver-2.mq4” with your newly added pairs.

A few years ago I was trading some of the CHF pairs and added them to the list, it was nice.

Yeah, the 3 ducks is a nice straight forward trading method! IMO multi–time frame and triple screen trading methods are the best. The 3 ducks is a great method to learn and get a feel for how the markets moves, the relationship of the small oscillations within medium oscillations, within even larger oscillations…

good luck!

[B][I]I Hope This Helps You.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.
August 17th 2011 at approx 10am Dublin Time[/I][/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – A bit choppy recently and a break and hold above the 1.4476 area is needed for me to get interested and looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – A break and hold above the 1.6478 area would get me bullish and looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – Euro and Pound are currently about the same strength so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade at the moment.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – Same as last week, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 0.7550 area is needed first.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – Bulls are making a bit of a come back but a break and hold below the 1.0400 area would get me bearish again and looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – Bears are making a bit of a come back but a break and hold above the 0.9872 area would get me bullish again and looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B][I]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/I][/B]

Best wishes with your trading,
[B]Andy[/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

No need to modify the code. The indicator will display what ever currencies you type into the first line. Open the indicator and on the first line where it says allsymbols, just type in the additional symbols you want. To add NZDUSD just type it on a line with a comma seperating it from the previous symbol. I currently have 10 pairs on the chart and didn’t need to use MT4 editor to do it. The “extern string allsymbol” in the code means that this variable is/can be defined at the user input interface in the indicator or EA. No need to go to the code level.

Thank you d-pip and ejohnston5…for your help . Its really wonderful method…I am enjoying its fruits.

I have little question, the indicator which I place on mt4 chart shows very tiny fonts, even with glasses I find it difficult to read. Is there any solution that I can see those fonts in bigger style and in a colour I want please.

Yesterday I had entered 3 trades Aud/Usd, Euro/Usd, and Gbp/Usd…this morning when I checked…my acc. was up by $1900/- ( 183 pips ). I hope everyone who is using this guide will reap the benefits.

Best Luck everyone.

Sharad
Auckland/NZ

That you would need to go in and modify the code for as there are no external user defined inputs for the font sizes and colors. If you open the indicator with the MT4 editor and look through it you an probably find where the font size, position and color are set up.

Today at about 1.15 pm (NZ time) I found GBP/CHF pair on 3 duck settings…all ducks in line…I entered…(Buy) a…n …d…
at about 6.15 pm when I opened/checked…wow…its + 80 pips…I closed the trade…nice move. Thank you Captain.

I got it +65 pips as well. From yesterday nite… :slight_smile: +8GMT

Hello guys! I have one question…do you enter on one pair in one day,every time the 3 ducks are in line and the price breaks the last high? or only the first time the ducks are in line? thank you!

Normally, I enter when 3 ducks are lined up and on 5min chart when price crosses last high or low. But it is also important to apply our own knowledge of the market. It comes with experience. But even if you blindly follow the guideline…you get max. benefit of the system. Pl. don’t try to break or twist the bones of the method. Best of Luck…Have a nice trading.

Sharad Patel
Auckland

Good Morning, 3 ducks are lined up on Usd/Cad. — going up…I entered long…let us see what comes next…

I closed the trade …at 12.00 mid day. with + 11.2 pips. At one stage it was + 20 pips before I closed. I could have waited for more gain but I am satisfied with it…Thanks Captain.

Captain, I still couldn’t find the good entry point. Any clue??
Thanks for sharing…:slight_smile:

At 4.15 pm nz time. Eur/Gbp 3 ducks lined up and signal was to go short.(@ 0.8681)…I missed the trade. but I was watching its movement…at 8 pm. price went down to 0.8654 almost +27 pips…Good one…

This morning at 12. midday… 3 ducks lined up on Aud/Nzd… Entry made for long… and at 1.30 pm. got out with + 11.2 pips.
Thanks Captain

Sharad
Auckland

Yesterday at 10 am nz time, 3 ducks lined up on USD/CHF pair… I entered long…it went down to - 60 pips but I did not get out…or did not put s/l. Today…when I checked in the morning it was + 22 pips…got out with some profit. Good trade.
Thanks Captain…

This is not te right strategy I guess…you should put stop loss…
Anyway… You are the lucky one…:):slight_smile:

Hi dxchen,

Yes, I know, but my experience says putting s/l means we are confirming our death well before its time. In this regard I would say if you are watching your trade then don,t put limit or stop. Market moves up and down everyday. keep the trade running until you get some profit. At the end of a month when you feel some pending trades are not going in favour …then cut it off. By that time you would have covered your losses by more profits in your favour. This is what I do. It is risky but it pays. One more thing, you must have sufficient balance to stand up with such open trades…then only you can take such risk. Any one having any better idea to survive please. Thanks.

Sharad, Auckland
New Zealand

Hi Shared,
I got your meaning. :slight_smile:
Then I will choose for got interest pair to trade. Just in case if market goes againts us then we still can earn some commision. :slight_smile:
For Exp: AUDUSD pair.

When you are earning such a fabulous amt. from positive pips , why worry about commission. If you try to limit your trades to forex pair with interest earnings then you are limiting your trades as well. Interest or Commission is just a pinch of salt in your vegie. So, don’t pay much attention at interest or commission.