The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hey @PC2012,

I’ve not been trading with The 3 Ducks for the past while now, you can read my update here

Also, It’s going to be extremely difficult for most traders to follow someone else’s strategy, especially when that strategy is (very) discretionary.

The way the market moves in phases means you need to be flexible. A strategy like the 3 Ducks can be great for keeping an un-disciplined trader disciplined but on the other hand a disciplined trader will need the freedom to move outside the strategy walls.

Maybe use The 3 Ducks as a guide rather than a trading strategy would be my top advice.

2 Likes

Thank you for your prompt reply.
It’s a shame you are no longer using this strategy, but a lot has changed since you first shared the ‘3 Ducks Method’ so it’s completely understandable. I assume it is a case of times changing and people/ideas having to evolve to meet those changes.
That being said, thank you for taking the time to share this strategy. This thread (among others) has really helped a beginner like me!

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. Are you trading a different system now?

1 Like

Hey @anon46626828,

For the past while I’ve been exploring a variety of different setups with mixed results :tired_face:
Recently (the past month) I’ve decided to narrow my focus and just trade pullbacks on the 5m chart. Discretionary trading seeking short-term moves is how I would describe it :+1:

Yep, I think a trader (me) needs to be able to have the option to trade a pair (trending and / or non-trending) from both the short and long side, especially for day trading. Thanks for the kind words BTW.

1 Like