The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi all,

Been following this thread for a couple months now.

Did Andy’s Advanced 3 Ducks online course last night and I thoroughly recommend it. Really nice guy.

The course is run at a very good pace - he never leaves you behind and you genuinely get to the end feeling that you have learnt allot. Definitely given me allot more confidence with my trading. If you like the simplicity of the 3 ducks trading method then this is for you.

Thanks Andy!!!

Wow what a small world! I did his advanced course early this morning and 100% agree with you rodtuckwell!

PS I hope the babypips admin don’t think we’re shills for Andy.

@di-pip
pls how do you use the indicator and how does it work

This is a really interesting system

I’ve got my course arranged with Andy for early February. You have just given my confidence a good boost even tho I have previously read a number of similar reviews. I’m looking forward to it.

Hey guys/gals…have these nice lil’ Color candles set for closing above/below 60SMA - works in any timeframe. As well, I have an alert system (both email and audio - MT4) that lets me know when price has closed above/below 60 SMA. It’s NOT perfect (missed one close - blue box) BUT it does do a nice job. See chart.

How is this connected with the 3 Ducks?

Hi i am new to this site. I have yet to try this system but i like the look of it so i am going to focus my time & energy on to see if it is right for me. I however have limited time available to me to sit and watch the charts during the day, so has anyone coded this into an ea / robot yet?

Hello Duck Hunters,

Thought for Today;
Logic and simplicity, possibly the two things most traders lack are the very things The 3 Duck’s Trading System offers on a plate.

A change in sentiment (bearish to bullish, bullish to bearish and neutral to bullish) on some currency pairs since last week which is probably the kick the market needed.

Below is my mid-week “Simple Market Scan” using The 3 Ducks Trading System and my preference for the next few days.

January 25th 2012

Eur.Usd – current spot price is 1.2991, could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Gbp.Usd – current spot price is 1.5580, could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Eur.Gbp – current spot price is 0.8335, the Eur is slightly stronger than the Gbp at the moment and you could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Usd.Chf – current spot price is 0.9308, could be looking for selling opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up. A break below the 0.9268 area is needed first for the bears to get control back.

Aud.Usd – current spot price is 1.0478, same as last week and steadily up over the last few days, could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Usd.Cad – current spot price is 1.0132, I would be sitting on my hands with this pair for the moment.

Usd.Jpy – current spot price is 78.11 and getting some bullish movement lately, could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Eur.Jpy – current spot price is 101.43 and more bullish movement on this pair too, could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Hope that helps you.

Until next time Buddy, Keep it Simple

Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.

Hello Duck Hunters,

Thought for Today;
Logic and simplicity, possibly the two things most traders lack are the very things The 3 Duck’s Trading System offers on a plate.

A change in sentiment (bearish to bullish, bullish to bearish and neutral to bullish) on some currency pairs since last week which is probably the kick the market needed.

Below is my mid-week “Simple Market Scan” using The 3 Ducks Trading System and my preference for the next few days.

January 25th 2012

Eur.Usd – current spot price is 1.2991, could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Gbp.Usd – current spot price is 1.5580, could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Eur.Gbp – current spot price is 0.8335, the Eur is slightly stronger than the Gbp at the moment and you could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Usd.Chf – current spot price is 0.9308, could be looking for selling opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up. A break below the 0.9268 area is needed first for the bears to get control back.

Aud.Usd – current spot price is 1.0478, same as last week and steadily up over the last few days, could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Usd.Cad – current spot price is 1.0132, I would be sitting on my hands with this pair for the moment.

Usd.Jpy – current spot price is 78.11 and getting some bullish movement lately, could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Eur.Jpy – current spot price is 101.43 and more bullish movement on this pair too, could be looking for buying opportunities if/when your 3 ducks line up.

Hope that helps you.

Until next time Buddy, Keep it Simple

Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.

DigF, is you’re not sure how what I posted is connected to 3 ducks…you may want to go back to page 1 and start over :wink:
Tell me that you cannot figure this out - come on now…60SMA, colored candles…do you see a connection? :wink:

It should be possible to shift the three timeframes higher, such as to monthly, weekly and daily. I don’t see why that shouldn’t work.

I started reading this thread and I’m only just now realizing that this method is quite similar to my ichimoku based method. This must be investigated further… Seems to perform about the same or even better. And the approach is really even simpler.

Quite true. The only thing that bothers me a little with my approach is that it esthetically kind of clutters the chart (the cloud), so if the three ducks can do the same job I may switch.

I’m going to start by comparing my trade record with the three ducks and see what the difference would have been and if that’s promising I’ll run the three ducks with tiny positions next to my current approach and I’ll take it from there.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. It’s a weakness I have, but I’ll approach this carefully as it’s no longer loose change in my account, that helps my moral I’ve noticed.

Are you taking the Pips?

Usd.Chf sell off today and in the direction of the 3 Ducks.

How did you do today?

Andy

Is almost impossible to talk with the guy, Andy, here, even if you need information about his course. Emailed him 100 times. Only automated messages. ALL the time. Screw this damn automated messages and talk with ppl AT LEAST 1 time. 1

majormongo
I wasn’t trying to offend you but just needing to see if the price is above or below the 60 SMA is simple enough without having to add a indicator to it.

099 - check out this comparison between Ichimohu (cloud/kumo) and DUX…VERY similar however, IMO simpler. Less clutter allows YOU so truly see Price Action and it’s relationship to ONE line (60SMA) vs the cluttered look of Ichi; with Tenkan, Kijun, Chinkou and the Kumos…too much visual clutter (IMO). Check out this chart.

Mongo

Hi Mongo,

I agree with you. I’ve spent some time comparing charts and my conclusion is the same.

Long time reader, registered today :22:

Anyway, I have read most of the posts regarding the three duck system but didnt see anything regarding how far from the 60 sma the price should be to be a reliable duck.

For example today I entered:

EUR/CHF - Short - 3 ducks in a row
Entry - 1.2037
Trailing Stop Loss - 40 pips - 10 pip trail
Take Profit - 80 pips

And

GBP/USD - Long - 3 Ducks
Entry: 1.57569
Trailing Stoploss - 40 pips with 10 pip trailing
Take Profit - 80 pips

I would like to know if the 4 hour and 1 hour ducks are pointing to a long entry and the 5 min is already above the 60 SMA do you wait for it to go under then cross the 60 SMA again on its way back up?

1 Like

TraderSan,

I’m sending you to a post that answers your question better than I can. Flip back and read post #311, DoubleEcho did a nice job addressing a similar entry question.

Also, if you get the 3 ducks ebook there is a great visual on page #3 of what we’re looking for on the 5-min chart.

If your GBP/USD 1.5756 entry was 9-ish GMT or 11-ish GMT, looks like you got the entry right…
then the market ran out a gas…. :mad: