The 3 Duck's Trading System

That’s great targus & nice to see, especially after the unfortunate circumstances you experienced on the other forum. I echo AltTab’s wishes for a successful 2012.

But this method would also have signalled you short around a very similar price level, which was further evidenced by Andy in his post of 16 November. He also repeated & confirmed his short view on 3 subsequent updated posts leading into Xmas.

& since that short entry from the middle of November there has been absolutely no technical or fundamental reasons whatsoever to consider changing that view.

Upon the recommendation of a couple of the guys who post on the 301 Moved Permanently thread I’ve been tracking this framework & combining the way those guys on the Technical Templates thread view the peak/trough, high/low sequence to identify & confirm a directional bias, & since that short re-entry trigger that Andy mentioned in the 16 November post price has failed to close & trade above any previous swing high on the 4H timeframe.

Given the 4H is the engine room for everything that drives this technical approach, that quite clearly demonstrates an inability for bulls to assert any meaningful authority on the price action since the middle of November & therefore continues to confirm a [B][I]sell rally[/I][/B] stance.

Anyone attempting to go long underneath one of those previous 4H swing highs is merely handing over ideal re-entry shorts to those trading in line with the correct & current bias.

A simple enough, yet very accurate summary. Just proves you don’t need anything fancy or elaborate to nod you in & out of trades, & fully endorses the comments this guy posted the other day.

Targus - good day mate.

To help you SEE the similarities between Ichimoku and the 3 Dux, look at this supplied chart. ON it I’ve left ONLY the Kumo clouds, No Tenkan or Kijun (nor Chinkou)…ONLY Kumo. PLus I overlaid the 60SMA (Black Line). As you can clearly see, the price action n the 60 SMA and the Kumos is eerily similar (or is it?). Ichi is based on 52 periods, very close to 60 periods so the variance is negligible in the use and similarities of both “visual” road maps and how they relate to current price action. ONLY YOU can adopt the visual preference that fits your trading plan and/or visual preference. But again, BOTH systems (methodologies) are using similar info. Yes, you can adopt both using the 4H/1H with 5m triggers but you have to use your noggin’ as well :wink:

What I did was to reinforce what side price intent is using either method is color my candles to represent the bias either above or below the 60SMA…for me (personally) I like my “bankie” for visual reinforcement :wink:

And remember, it’s typically not the system BUT the trader; his/her ability to clearly define a “best fit” method to match their personality, have a defined set of rules and the patience and disciplien to stick to your ROE (Rules of Engagement).

Happy 2012 all you Duck Hunters

Quack!

~ Mongo

Pls paste some forward testing results lets see and trade you have taken with this strategy let see how it goes

Esosa, I was NOT recommending nor condoning this strategy, simply showing the Price Action correlations between the 60SMA and the Ichimoko Kinko Kyo method (of which I’ve stripped down to KUMO only). Targus had made a personal observation that in his opinion, The Ichi method was the best. I simply wanted to show that perhaps it has some visual advantages, but that the 60SMA was in tune step by step. No Testing nor posting of trades available as I have not traded this method. :wink:

Hello Petar,

As far as I know, I’ve seen one instance where a UK based brokerage had the Ichimoku as an EA. The 60SMA is easy to set up alerts for when price breaks above/below. I personally do NOT use EA’s, trust robots nor allow anyone to trade MY money but me. Only I know my risk tolerance and only I care about my money.

Mongo

Is anyone still trading this system, pls paste results

You got some kind of problem setting up your chart layout?

If you’re that interested in the strategy then do what everyone else has done before you, roll your sleeves up & compile your own testing & research.
It’s not like anyone else’s results are going to reflect yours anyway.

The 3 Duck’s Trading System is a fine system…i use it still and i must say i like it…simpl and work…
today i can not say for it, because i don’t trade on NFP days…

yesterday was very nice on eur/usd sell 1.2916 (7.25gmt) and take profit on 1.2850…that was in few minute…if you like more then can, but i have 45pips TP…but only when 3 ducks are in line down or up!! gbp/usd (13.15 gmt) sell 1.5509 and 1.5474 tp, because gbp was bounc up down and i don’t like open position more than 1 day, but if you look you see today close 45 pips TP. aud/usd not clear rules for me.

@DrPetarSerbia - pozdrav i sretan vam božič!

Esosa,

What Andy has posted here is more of a concept/frame work for trading not a mechanical trading system.

I’d suggest you read Andy’s instructions and maybe get the ebook, throw the 60 ma on your chart and demo it for a while.

It’s a simple multi-time frame concept and the more you use it and get familiar with it the more you can tailor it to your trading style.

For example, this morning around 9:35 EST just after the NYSE opened I sold EU at 1.2741 and took profit at 1.2709 for 32 pips. Using the same concepts/frame work I could have sold EU earlier in the morning at 1.2778-ish and or 1.2765-ish …if I was willing to risk the market swings around the NFP news.

thanks

Thanks for your prompt reply, just that i have some problems getting in and it makes me sick

Is this thread dead? Why are there no post? Please lets continue giving our ideas and results out.

Of course it’s not dead. Read post #352 again.
It’s already been explained to you that once you’ve constructed the set up on your charts you’re good to go.

The framework is designed so you don’t need anyone else to spoonfeed set up/entry opportunities. You can spot & execute them yourself according to your preferred style & risk appetite as the opportunities develop on your own chart layout.

Esosa, I don’t know which pairs you follow but today is not a great duck day. The EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF and USD/CAD ducks are misbehaving and out of order…

AUD and NZD pairs seem to be in play and I should start paying more attention to them! :slight_smile:

PS OOPS! spoke too soon, GBP/USD might be lining up in a row!

Hello Diving Ducks, Dabbling Ducks and friends,

Below is my mid-week “Simple Market Scan” using The 3 Ducks Trading System and my preference for the next few days.

[B][/B][B]January 11th 2012[/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – current spot price is 1.2761, I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and close above the 1.2820 area would get me neutral on this pair.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – current spot price is 1.5433, I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp [/B]– current spot price is 0.8267, the GBP has been stronger than the Euro recently and I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 0.8240 area is needed for the bears.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – current spot price is 0.9508, I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold above the 0.9525 area is needed for the bulls.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – current spot price is 1.0307, I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – current spot price is 1.0152, Volatility can be our friend and our foe and too much is not a good thing so neutral on this pair at the moment.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – current spot price is 76.97, I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – current spot price is 98.20, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 97.92 area is needed for the bears.

Hope that helps you.

Until next time, Keep it Simple

[I][/I][B]Andy[/B]

[B]Thought for Today;[/B]
[I]Some traders talk about wanting to make consistent money in the market. How about a consistent approach first?[/I]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information. © Copyrighted Andy Perry All Rights Reserved.

Euro is getting put under selling pressure again today and your Ducks are pointing you short on Eur.Usd, Eur.Gbp and Eur.Jpy

Have a good weekend,

Andy.

friday 13.1.2012

eur/usd sell 1.2750 (13.45gmt) - tp 45

i trade in that day only 1 pair…but i see we have gbp/usd, usd/chf, usd/cad easy profit day (miss that, because i off the pc all day)…others pair i don’t trade in friday…

Thats cool. There were lots of sell signals on friday but due to work i missed all though. Thats the problem am having and have not been able to forward test this awsome system.

Amen to that as I have learned after years of trying to do it the wrong way around.

Good morning Traders,

[B]Thought for Today;[/B]
[I]When things line up a good system gives you entries that have a higher probability of success but more importantly lets you know when things don’t line up and when to sit on your hands.[/I]

Below is my mid-week “Simple Market Scan” using The 3 Ducks Trading System and my preference for the next few days.

[B]January 18th 2012 [/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – current spot price is 1.2831, I would still prefer to be looking for selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up. A break and close below the 1.2700 area is needed first for the bears to get control back.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – current spot price is 1.5362, I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and close below the 1.5320 area is needed for the bears.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – current spot price is 0.8347, the Eur is slightly stronger than the Gbp at the moment and I would be sitting on my hands with this pair for the moment.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – current spot price is 0.9426, A bit of a sell off over the last 2 day but I would still prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 0.9400 area would get me neutral on this pair.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – current spot price is 1.0412, Same as last week, I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – current spot price is 1.0152, Another pair I would be sitting on my hands with for the moment.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – current spot price is 76.76, Fairly sideways for the last few days but I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and close below the 76.55 area is needed for the bears to get control back.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – current spot price is 98.33, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Hope that helps you.

Until next time Buddy, Keep it Simple

[I][/I][B]Andy[/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.