The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi,
Thanks for pointing out shadowline,i start scrolling from post 1 again and found there are many thing i missed.Guess i was too rush back then.

I let a trailing stop close the position, no target set.

Greetings fellow duck hunters! I’m very happy today because I have various trapped ducks!

3 ducks from audjpy
2 ducks from cadjpy
2 ducks from eurjpy

all of them with stop at BE or better place, all of them buy ducks.

I’m just getting the feeling of a very long trend! my best trade yet is the first eurjpy duck with 437 pips since january 10! that is a lot of pips for me :slight_smile:

To bad that they are only demo hunting, but its very good that it is working so nice my hunting! I’m also starting to feel smart because I managed to add to winners succesfully :slight_smile:

Thanks Captain for your heroic instruction!

I closed one of the audjpy ducks on BE because the price retraced.

But a couple of minutes ago I placed a new trade, now on NZDJPY because NZD is stronger than AUD and JPY is weaker than USD

It has only +5 pips right now, and the stop is on the original position, so it is not yet a winner, but the trend seems to be very strong. The 4h SMA60 has a nice 16 degree angle, and both 1h and 5m SMAs are pointing up with steeper angle :slight_smile:

I was wondering if it could be possible to trade gold and silver with ducks…

Using the same idea as correlated currencies, gold and silver are very correlated, and my broker offers gold/dollar, gold/euro, silver/dollar and silver/euro, so one can compare and check which one is stronger and which one is weaker.

Captain, did you tested that metals while hunting ducks?

Thanks.

Well a big move on the yen caused all my trades to hit their stop loss in half an hour. The net result was a very nice profit of 10%. The longest trade was hunted since january 10, so fir only 4 days that was beautiful hunting.

New short trade on GBPAUD. The three ducks are aligned for a short, all the smas are pointing down and also the 4h sma angle is -20º on my chart.

It’s a similar story on gbpnzd this morning too medisoft. If this previous hourly low at 1.9067 fails the current weeks lows at 1.9040 will be the next target.

I’m also tracking a couple of the Yen pairs.
gbpjpy & chfjpy have broken down through their 4 hour averages with others currently finding support at that level.

Well, the 1.9067 failed, and also the 1.9040, right now the gbpnzd price is around 1.9034.

The ducks aligned also for gbpnzd and it became the best option to trade, replacing gbpaud.

So now I’m in gbpnzd (-14.5 pips right now) and gbpaud (+36.7 pips and stop is at BE)

Also I’m in a short on usdmxn with -1.4 pips right now, but I’m not very sure what is going to happen on this. but the ducks aligned, and usd is a little weak and also that’s the visible long term trend.

Well price of gbpaud retraced very fast and stopped me out at BE, meantime the gbpnzd is still working and quacking, it is on profit but I can’t move the stop to BE yet…

Hi guys and thanks of capital currency.
an especial thanks of capital currency that share help us to improve our trades. ( this is trust )
I love this method beacuse we don,t need no more and busy indicator in our chart.
so guys that are following this method and capital currency i have some questions with this method that unfortunatly i
didn,t understand exactly good.

1. when we are in long h4 and price and trend in above the 60 sma Look like in eur usd at 11/01/2013 and h 1 too.
    the price is far of 60 sma . what should we do here.? we just wait when price cross the 60 ama and then we enter.? or other other things we have in these situations look like re-entry.? ( My broker is fibogroup and +1 gmt ).
    and some many questions that i forget them right now.
    sorry for my writting and speaking . i am not english man :5:

Welcome behroz,

If I correctly understand your question, on January 11th EUR/USD price was above the 60ma on the 4-hour and above the 60ma on the 1-hour time frames.

So then we would drop down to the 5-minute chart and watch for the price to break the 60ma on the 5-minute and a recent high level.

On the 11th there was a lot of weak breakouts until the New York session opened. When New York opened the price really popped for a very nice move. :slight_smile:

hope I’ve answered your question, good luck!

Hi Mr d-pip thanks a lot for your answer.
I got it. the best entry.?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39179
excuse me for asking the basic.:8:

and other thing is that we don,t have any trade in 3 past days . yes.?

Hi guys.

Is this correct entry based on 3 Ducks.?

Hey.
gbp usd . Short
H 4 : is down of 60 sma
H 1 : is down 60 sma
M 5 : Closed under 60 sma too.
so which one is our entry in M 5 .?
or we shouldn,t enter at all. if no so why.?
if we enter short we are in Loss.

Regards.
Behroz

Ignore EURCHF. They are artificial handled. CHF is controlled by central banks to stay in a very low range.

I would chose a recent low at point 1.

But I would expect first a near H1 bounce of the price because it seems that 1.6 is a very strong support. But consider this fundamental thing: US is near the time to discuss debt ceiling. That can (and will) cause a lot of volatility on stock markets. That is going to move lots of cash from equities to cash (USD) from all the people that is going to be selling, taking profits, stop losses and so on. That can drive USD up for some time. If USD is in uptrend, then the xxx/USD pairs are going to be down.

So I think a short on that pairs can be good but I’m not very convinced right now on them. Just note the last two lows.

Last is higher than the other, but the previous highs are not higher than the others, so it seems to be in range.

3 Ducks is trend following system, not fully mechanical, so things like this needs human hand.

medisoft is right, you still have to be aware of which currencies are offering clearer & smoother opportunities.

Just compare the 4 hour charts on usd/jpy or aud/jpy to that of the gbp/usd.
Which of those 3 would you prefer to be waiting for a signal to trade on?

USD/JPY looks good today

4-Hour-Chart -> big picture

1-Hour-Chart

5-Minute-Chart

salty

That’s very good advice. As simple as this structure is you still need to use common sense, be patient & side step the unappetizing set ups.

The hardest part of any trend or bias oriented approach is filtering the low from the higher probability set ups & salty presented the type of typical opportunity you should be seeking to exploit using 3 Ducks.